Hi from Australia

Hi all, already made a few posts in the drunken chef and pizza posts, but didn't introduce myself.
Always been a fan of hot food but only the last few years have i really got into collecting sauces, marinades, powders etc. I've always made my own hot sauces and marinades, love cooking, especially smoking and bbqing and just recently built a wood fired oven that i cant stop using.
This is the first year i've got chillis growing from seeds, a bit too late to start but have a few germinated too see how they go.

Also not sure where to post, but wondering if anyone, companies etc. would be possible to somehow arrange a mixed bag of sauces etc to save on the costs of shipping downunder, as i'd love to try all the sauces but find the shipping can be a little expensive. Be great too arrange a bunch of different brands, etc, to all be sent together. (I have ordered a few individual bottles from companies) so if not, which is the best site for variety otherwise???

Cheers

Hey Booma!
Yet another Aussie ;) Where are you based?
You may have figured it out already, but we have a pretty decent bunch of sauciers here in Aus. (a few listed below).
As for a good place to buy a variety of hot sauces in Aus... If you find one, let me know, as far as I can find there aren't any. :-/

:welcome:

www.junglerain.com.au
www.wildfirechilli.com.au
www.thehippyseedcompany.com

Raelacea,
I'm from Melbourne.
Yeah i have been meaning to order some from jungle rain and wildfire, will do so soon. My seeds all came from the hippy seed company, which have been good so far. I suppose i'm just trying to get a big array of all types, flavours, heat levels of sauces from the States and also Australia. At the moment mainly got a mixture of blairs, chilli factory and some local ones. Luckily got the Fiery Foods festival next month

Raelacea,
I'm from Melbourne.
Yeah i have been meaning to order some from jungle rain and wildfire, will do so soon. My seeds all came from the hippy seed company, which have been good so far. I suppose i'm just trying to get a big array of all types, flavours, heat levels of sauces from the States and also Australia. At the moment mainly got a mixture of blairs, chilli factory and some local ones. Luckily got the Fiery Foods festival next month

Yeah I'm from Daylesford/Melb, I've only found one place that sells a half-decent variety of non-asian hot sauces in Melb and that's Casa Ibirica on Johnston st. There is apparently a place somewhere out towards the Dandedongs that sells a good variety of sauces, although I can't seem to find it. I too, am looking forward too the Fiery Foods fest :D

Hey, Booma! :welcome: from the Pacific NW USA!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum myself (and also in Melbourne). I am just starting to grow my own (seeds from Hippy Seed Company) but wondered if anyone knows where I can get hold of habaneros now? I remember years ago being able to get them in virtually any of the markets, I even pickied them up in Coles but can't seem to find any recently.

I spoke to the bloke who does the Farmers Markets about a month ago and he said his should be ready around now, I've tried Dandenong Market but couldn't see any there.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Back