Hi from cold sweden! -First Sprouts-

Hello, thought I would introduce myself a bit here.

This is my second year of growing peppers here in sweden and last year was pretty good as the summer was warm and cosy.
This year I got a little late sprouting them and the weather has been really sh...y, record breaking rain all june and most of july. I really hope it's starting to change to the better soon. I've been hauling the pots in and out of the green house that's full already with tomatoes and cucumber and grapes and bell peppers...I think I need another green house for next summer.

The temps were down to 6 degrees celsius (42,8F) tonight...

I decided to start new growth yesterday to get a head start for next year as the season is so short around here and I hope I manage to keep them going all winter. I have a space in the basement where I will move them after they have sprouted.

Two summers ago I bought an Apache Chili pepper plant from a nursery and got hooked as soon as I tasted the ripe peppers and decided last year to start my own from seeds. I have two Carribean Reds left of them and then I took cuttings from the apache that produces nice hot peppers also.

This year I planted these varieties:

Red Savina
Cayenne - Got green pods, but no heat at all
Trinidad 7 Pot
Fatalii
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion
Moruga Scorpion
Red Demon? - Bonus seed from online seed company - Flowering

and they are still really tiny...

Well that's a bit of what I'm doing here in cold sweden

regards,
Pischla

Here's some of my plants soaking in sun today, I guess it will rain later on as usual...The biggest plants on the left in the second image are overwintered Caribbean Reds from last summer

For some reason the images disappear, so I hope these thumbs will stay...

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina - North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest!

Sounds like you had the same June weather we did.
It has improved much during July.
You have a nice grow going, overwinters and all!

Welcome from .................Chicago

Good luck with season. The overwintwers should give you a good start and a strong finish

Back