Hi from Nottingham

stickman said:
So Ken, what kinds of hot sauces have you tried, and what kind would you like to make?
Hi there stickman, to be honest hot sauces are few and far between here in the UK so in the supermarkets the choice is Tabasco, Encona and Nando's and not very much else.  In New Orleans I've tried Suicide Sauce and 100% Pain (At least I think that's what they were called, it was a few years ago) and in Belize I've tried Marie Sharp's Hot Sauce (one of my favourites).  I used to make a version of Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce (original) but I lost the recipe so am trying to find another recipe that I can use to try to replicate it again.  I'm gearing myself up just now to make a batch of Habanero Hot Pepper Sauce in the very near future.

You've come to the right place for lots of info on saucemaking. Walkgood had a very good tropical-tasting sauce he made with  his Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture Scotch Bonnet chiles. You could tweak it to your liking...  I made a variation that used Orange Habaneros instead, and a can of coconut milk to knock the rough edges off because the Habs are a bit hotter and much less sweet. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36338-walkgood-2013-peach-moa-pixie-dust/page-96#entry879193

Cheers!

Back