Hi from Panama

Hi everyone, my name is Gera and I live here in Panama City, Panama. I have been growing hot peppers for about two years and very happy with some results. I have all kinds, many from India and other Asian countries. Goat Horns, Jalapeños, Yellow, Green and Red Habaneros (these are local chilies) and Tabasco grow quite well here, specially in our "dry Months" from December to April, from then on I have to move the plants to a cloth covered shelter to protect them from the moonson rain we get. They sure don´t like much rain. During these wet months they are ok, but they are not as happy as when the days are hot and dry. I use a homemade dripping system during that time and they sure give me much fruit. I pick them and make sauces and also many jars of pickles which are good gifts. I have many recipes which I will share with you as I have seen you´ll do around here.....nice to be here, I´ll send some pics also.

Gera

:welcome: from the frozen tundra. December to April here I'm usually under at least a foot of snow and the ice is 2+ feet thick on the lakes.:(

Back