Hi from Sweden

Hello gang!

I figured I should say something -- took me a while  :rofl:
I'm just not the kind of person with too much online presence. I guess I'm more "read-only", and probably a bit shy. 

Anyway, I grow mostly moderately hot peppers and indoors since I live in the far north of Sweden with a rather short growing season. For 2015, I have a few superhots on my list too, but since I love pickled stuff, most of the things I can see myself actually consume are just moderately hot  :fireball:

I'm even more interested in wilds, in particular, C. flexuosum and rocopica. Not that I have any seeds of those. Mainly because I live where I live, 66 north, and I absolutely do not want to believe that those cold-tolerant genes can't somehow be ported to other peppers.

I've got some ideas. For example, I'm experienced in grafting (just not with peppers - yet). I've done tons of grafting in my life. I'm thinking of taking a, for example, rocoto (but even better, rocopica) rootstock and graft something else (a chinense etc) on it super early. I've read in multiple sources that some tiny amount of genetic material could possibly migrate from the rootstock to the scion if the whole thing is done while the scion is very, very young. That's the mean plan. To "inject" some 0.x% rocoto genetic material into another something to make them possibly more compatible. For that reason, I'm trying to get my hands on rocopica/ulupica seeds (without success, so far) and also flexuosum (I have no idea if that one can/has been crossed with anything else). Any input on this? Fantasy?  :rofl:

I'm also an avid cyclist, and very much into photography as well. But now it's cold for bicycle touring, and dark for photography, so...  :fireball:  :fireball:  :hot:

Have a nice day!

Welcome, we share too much in common, season is short as hell. Im not up north but the balkans are bad enough. I cycle too and I can relate to the deprivation

bananawave.gif

Welcome to THP and greetings from Ohio

cathyssocool said:
Hello gang!

I figured I should say something -- took me a while  :rofl:
I'm just not the kind of person with too much online presence. I guess I'm more "read-only", and probably a bit shy. 

Anyway, I grow mostly moderately hot peppers and indoors since I live in the far north of Sweden with a rather short growing season. For 2015, I have a few superhots on my list too, but since I love pickled stuff, most of the things I can see myself actually consume are just moderately hot  :fireball:

I'm even more interested in wilds, in particular, C. flexuosum and rocopica. Not that I have any seeds of those. Mainly because I live where I live, 66 north, and I absolutely do not want to believe that those cold-tolerant genes can't somehow be ported to other peppers.

I've got some ideas. For example, I'm experienced in grafting (just not with peppers - yet). I've done tons of grafting in my life. I'm thinking of taking a, for example, rocoto (but even better, rocopica) rootstock and graft something else (a chinense etc) on it super early. I've read in multiple sources that some tiny amount of genetic material could possibly migrate from the rootstock to the scion if the whole thing is done while the scion is very, very young. That's the mean plan. To "inject" some 0.x% rocoto genetic material into another something to make them possibly more compatible. For that reason, I'm trying to get my hands on rocopica/ulupica seeds (without success, so far) and also flexuosum (I have no idea if that one can/has been crossed with anything else). Any input on this? Fantasy?  :rofl:

I'm also an avid cyclist, and very much into photography as well. But now it's cold for bicycle touring, and dark for photography, so...  :fireball:  :fireball:  :hot:

Have a nice day!
First let me say howdy from Murrells Inlet SC.
I would repost this in the grow forum you will find lot's of friendly knowledgeable pepper growers! :)
CHEERS

Back