Hi from Sydney, Australia

Hi,

I'm in Sydney Australia.

I am very new to the growing of chillies.

I started growing them about 6 months, and have managed to get a few great fruiting plants.

I found this website while searching for the best way to harvest chillies :)

I was given a Trinidad Scorpion in a packet, and the packet came with some seeds. I am wondering
of these seeds are worth planting?

I have put some photos up of my plants and the packet...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkrite/

The whole family loves cooking with and eating chillies, and with our own to choose from it brings a whole new playground for us.

I plan on growing as many different varieties as I can.

I have so many growing/planting questions to ask... perhaps I will save them for another forum :)

Cheers.
Ronny

:welcome: from sunny So. Cal.

Search the forum, ask questions, and have fun growing.

And, yes. If it was me I would definitely grow the seeds you have. Why waste them.

Firstly welcome.
I was given a Trinidad Scorpion in a packet, and the packet came with some seeds. I am wondering
of these seeds are worth planting?
It looks like these seeds have been through a dehydrator, the heat in the dehydrator is not good for seeds and may kill them. try growing these seeds, they might grow real well, just be prepared for them to do nothing.

'ello from Sydney too (Marrickville area). Welcome! =D

If I were you I'd consider holding off on growing any peppers until next spring. =/ The trinidads should be worthwhile to grow, but are def superhot. If it were me, I'd see about growing them once and would probably trade the seeds for something else. I'm dying to start growing my fatallis but will wait until spring considering the fact that I don't have a greenhouse set up.

Back