Hi from Sydney!

Hello everyone!

My name is Nelson and I am 24 years old.

I grew up in Malaysia where there are only 2 kinds of chillies - 'cili' the standard non-spicy Capsicum Annuum and 'cili padi' the explosive Bird's Eye Chilli. We love the intense heat and practically use chillies in almost everything we eat. I grew up thinking we must be the only ones who eat them and chillies originated from our country.

The Internet broke my belief. When I saw the odd-looking 'habanero', giant 'banana pepper' and colourful 'Numex twilight rainbow', I was in disbelief and also terribly excited! I was angry that my country has betrayed me with the lack of knowledge and choices (no one sells them!). Then I was devastated when online shops from other countries do not sell seeds and ship them overseas. Eventually, I had to ask a friend in the UK to send me over 'habanero' seeds, so I can plant and taste the fruits!

That was 4 years ago. Today I live in Sydney and I'm so in love with the variety of chillies I can find here. I have 'cili padi', 'banana pepper' and 'habanero' plants growing on my balcony. My life is complete :)

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

:welcome: to the forum from Brisbane Australia, hope you have dodged the rain and the water spouts LOL.
Wait till you grow Super Hots, that will turn your life upside down..

Welcome from............Chicago
A chiliheads life is never complete.........always in search for the unique pepper.

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

Back