Hi Pepper growers!

Hi everybody, 

I'm never "happy" about doing that welcome post every now and then on a new Forum but I guess there's no escaping this..

So to make it fast and simple: I'm 24, recently discovered the joy of growing peppers indoor after trying different hydroponics systems from Candy plastic containers to a GH WaterFarm.. 

I recently have one Sweet Landes Pepper (French strain) into flowering and one Cayenne Pepper about 3 weeks old. So far I really enjoy growing peppers!

Greetings from France  :P

Welcome from the Internet. 
Now, what where you growing that got you interested in hydro? Sounds kinda sketchy to me.

Hello Cruzzfish,

Well the first thing I ever grown hydroponically was some "Flamboyants" Radishes, then I started playing around with baby tomatoes (and cross-pollination to create hybrids.. which was a lot of fun! )  then some herbs like Basil (that I'm currently still growing and harvesting every month!). I would say that I was very inspired by the channel Hydroponic Greenhouse Project of "Meanshoes" on Youtube (this guy has some impressive result using the dutch bucket system as well as NFT systems!).

I'm not only growing everything in Hydro but I don't like to put soil into my house because of the Thysanoptera issue I had in the past (It ended with me poisoning them with a Dunhill mixture of pipe tobacco..)

So that's pretty much it, why would someone growing hot pepper in hydro would sound sketchy to you?  :think:  

Here's my first pepper    Ph: 5.8  EC: 1.8 (GH FloraNova Bloom/ ATA PK 13/14) ( Piments long doux des Landes )

7YPq.jpg

If everything goes well I should be tasting my first pepper grown in DWC soon! :D

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back