• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

randyp said:
       Your garden looks great Jeff,WOW.Love those blueberries.Have ya made hot sauce with them? 

Have not made any hot sauce with them yet.  I believe Greg made some hot sauce with them and it was darn good.

Pod Pic Update

BMJ with the amount of plants I have, I should be able to make many things with this pepper.

0718BMJ.jpg

Out of all the 7 pod burgundy seeds I saved from the perfect pod, this is the only plant that looks like this.  Odd.

0718Burg1.jpg

0718Burg2.jpg

Crappy picture, but I have a Crystal Pod going

0718Cristal.jpg

HBJ podding up well.

0718HBJ.jpg

Limo Rojo, looks a little condor-ish

0718LimoRojo.jpg

MoA are kicking it.  12 plants of these too.

0718MoA1.jpg

TS Yellow Offspring

0718TSY1.jpg

0718TSY2.jpg

Its going to be a hot summer!!!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Very nice peppers but I'm most jealous of all the raspberries and blueberries you have.  Happy belated birthday and continued success in the pepper patch Jeff.  Beautiful place you live at, love the old timey picture of the homesteaders.  How many acres?

150 acres

Sawyer said:
That Burgundy plant is beautiful.  None of mine last year had such dark coloration.  One of my 7P Browns did, though. 

So you think that foliage coloration is normal and it just isn't a different plant?  A few years back the only plants I had with this coloration were my chaguanas plants. 

Yeah, I think so, but that's a relatively uninformed opinion.  The dark-colored 7 Pot Brown last year definitely had brown pods, but they had a slight naga-ish shape to them as opposed to the blockier normal 7P shape.  I haven't noticed any darker-than-normal plants yet this year, but things are just now really starting to take off.  I'll be paying closer attention now.

Back