• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Orange Manzano

0712orangeman.jpg

Yellow Manzano

0712yellowman.jpg

Pickles

0712pickles.jpg

Potatoes

0712pots.jpg

Radicchio....bitter stuff

0712rad.jpg

Got to be the biggest wild black raspberry I picked this season.

0712rasp.jpg

TS Yellow OW

0712tsyow.jpg

And the TS Yellow Offspring

0712tsy.jpg

Tomatoes

0712tomatoes.jpg

Sun Sugar

CherryTomato.jpg

HillBilly Jeff said:

Got a gift box in the mail today....looks yummy!!!!  Many thanks Scott.

10556380_10202585840157285_6070736165243036710_n.jpg

Wow, I can cut and paste pics now...sweet.
The reds on the top are a mix of Bhut x Yellow7, and Bhut x Yellow7 X bhut x douglah, seeds from Charles.

Next row JA Red, Serrano, chocolate 7 pot, seeds from John , and two jigsaws.

Next row, Funky Reapers, another one of Charles crosses and a scotch bonnet x indian red , seeds from Stefan---that may be one of John's Funky Reapers, hard to tell from the pic. The heat will let you know:) The yellows are yellow brains, seeds from Jamison.

Bottom Row, Lemon, Bishop, yellow mushroom, Bonda's, and Costeno Amarillo.

Glad to see all the poddage and produce shaping up there Jeff!

Devv said:
The reds on the top are a mix of Bhut x Yellow7, and Bhut x Yellow7 X bhut x douglah, seeds from Charles.

Next row JA Red, Serrano, chocolate 7 pot, seeds from John , and two jigsaws.

Next row, Funky Reapers, another one of Charles crosses and a scotch bonnet x indian red , seeds from Stefan---that may be one of John's Funky Reapers, hard to tell from the pic. The heat will let you know:) The yellows are yellow brains, seeds from Jamison.

Bottom Row, Lemon, Bishop, yellow mushroom, Bonda's, and Costeno Amarillo.

Glad to see all the poddage and produce shaping up there Jeff!

Is that Costeno Amarillo a hybrid?

Happy birthday Jeff. Enjoy. Potatoes, pickles, tomatoes, and peppers are looking fantastic. Your soil mix must be amazing. The garden looks very happy. Nic blueberry pull. Manzano are podding up nicely. Offspring TS yellows are looking good too. Is that the only pod you have on the OW?

Have a fantastic day.

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Happy birthday Jeff. Enjoy. Potatoes, pickles, tomatoes, and peppers are looking fantastic. Your soil mix must be amazing. The garden looks very happy. Nic blueberry pull. Manzano are podding up nicely. Offspring TS yellows are looking good too. Is that the only pod you have on the OW?

Have a fantastic day.

Chuck

OW TS Yellow is podding nicely.  I have one limb on an offspring that has double digit pods on it.  The raised beds are doing better than the gardens, but I think it might be the added peat to the soil that is helping.  I also added some topsoil that is helping as well.  I know the final mix in the raised beds was a joy to work with.

This was suppose to be a walleye cake, I think they went all bass on me :)

10552590_10202604576025670_503326203410863649_n.jpg

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and if you lived closer you could all stop in for some cake and raspberry covered ice cream as well.

Happy birthday Jeff! Hope it's a good one!
Love the berry pickings. Hoping to set up some berries at our new place. Any tips on growing them? Love the venison stir fry too. We usually get quite a bit of meat gifted to us during deer season at work, and that definitely gives me another meal option for it. Do you use back strap or tenderloin, or other parts of the deer for it?

Spicegeist said:
Great photo.  What year was it taken?

Not real sure on the year it was taken, but I think one of the kids in the pic is my grandpa and he was born in 1888.  He fought in WWI.

MeatHead1313 said:
Happy birthday Jeff! Hope it's a good one!
Love the berry pickings. Hoping to set up some berries at our new place. Any tips on growing them? Love the venison stir fry too. We usually get quite a bit of meat gifted to us during deer season at work, and that definitely gives me another meal option for it. Do you use back strap or tenderloin, or other parts of the deer for it?

Not too sure on soil requirements for blue berries.  I don't use the staps or loin for these dishes, they are too tender and tasty just the way they are.  Usually the rest of the deer is cut into stew meat and ground into burger.  Not a big deer steak or deer roast eater, but for stir frys and casseroles, it is awesome.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Back