Hiya from NC

I've been lurking around this site for a while, thought joining might be fun!

Am particularly interested in learning more about making hot sauces, since I do, drying/smoking peppers, since I do--any interesting salsa recipes would be fun to trade, hot sauce ideas to trade--and of course pepper seeds.

What I can offer, that most people haven't heard of, is Ram's Horn pepper info, seeds--will be drying some soon, and can put folks in touch with 3 local small produce stores that carry the plant--this year's batch from the garden is particularly "warm." Not cow's horn at all, not remotely. Pepper seed was brought here by Waldenses in Valdese, NC, long time ago. Recently made a few pints of sauce with it, with "Japanese sweet tater" as base. Took me forever to find a "name" with pic for this winter squash but it's a Mediterranean winter squash, gonzo winter squash, that looks like a gourd. Great Aunt brought back seeds from Richmond in like 1954. So mixed with Ram's horn mash is really nice. Ghost pepper seemed milder this year but could be my tolerance. Really dry, hot summer, but I watered bhuts. (I do have a question about digging up one bhut plant and putting it under grow lights as for some reason only its genetics know, it's only now blooming.)

Also made hab sauce with pineapple base--use it mostly for chicken/fish.

Tomorrow am finishing the canning of Thai hots and Tabasco, that's been fermenting--not nearly long enough but it'll work.

Nice to be here!

:welcome: from Upper Michigan, good to meet another chilihead who grows AND makes their own sauces. I have my own line, unreleased as of now, which encompasses 8 distinct varieties. As far as seeds go, PM me if you read this and let me know what types of seeds you're looking for, and I can provide you with my current list for trading. Let me know what kinds you have, as well, that Ram's Horn pepper sounds cool!

Back