• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hobbies??

I really have been getting into photography lately.
I just picked up a few gigs from some real estate co's (i love it when i can make a few bucks from my hobbies).
I also do remote control airplanes (((( with a camera attached )))) .... that is a lot of fun.

Here's a couple of pics & links of some aerial photography I've done:
(I really need to get a better camera for my plane)

http://texasbestmarketing.com/Aerial-Shots-Subdivision-7-16-10.html

http://www.proven1.com/Aerial-July-2010.html

alamodome_8_19_06_001e.jpg

Djs2.jpg

Djs5.jpg
nice! in a few days im either manning up and buying a radio and a 3d foamie and parts or im going to get one of those parkzone micro war birds rtf. if i can do the foamie and the radio for about 200 ill do that. but if not im gona settle with the RTF.

I've always wanted to get into rc planes or helicopters, more so the helicopters....but somehow I've kept from venturing off into that money pit! :rofl:

Here's my new baby that I got half way through last year, a 2010 Kestrel Talon tri bike with SRAM Force components. What's awesome is that my son's name is Talon! He calls it my "Talon bicycle". When we go riding he will ask if I'm going to take my "blue bicycle or my Talon bicycle". :lol:

IMG_1077.jpg

I make Knifes, Swords, Armor, Mead, Beer, Wine, Hour glass, Hmmm I make stuff.
You make knives and swords? do you forge them? if so, is it a cold or hot forging process? do you fold them as well?

Mighty interesting mate.

Sounds like Exavier has similar hobbies to mine.

I also forge blades, nothing like using a 2000+ degree fire! :onfire:

Folding steel (making damascus or pattern welded material) is an addiction all it's own.

Jamie

I have made so many knives that I've played around with banging some out, playing with different metals, Buying blank blades (Damascas, 305 folded with 420, and more) Worked with all kinds of wood, bone, antler, rock, gold, sliver, gems, and more. Sword I've only made 2 to the fin. T1 steel for the big one and ? Can't remember the middle. Made a mace, very cool out of stainless, can't remember the wood but I see it ever day. Tempering is not eazy and can mess up great steel. I've found that getting the best steel and working it slow (hot, & Cold, deppending what I was trying to do, and if I messed up things could change to fix. But in the end steel is steel so really hard to tell if not working it right... Was a meat cutter for years, so dayly sharping one knife don't last long. I've heard B.S. about the quailty of some of what I've made, but none I've sold or gave away ever got use hard. Stainless kicks ass as the others rust up as never used. The leg handle knife my wife uses as a kitchen knife is the most used knife here by even her friends as it cuts very clean. Its stainless. I have to keep the others hiding as is 420 stainless, 440 stainless, Damascas defferent mixs, ?, ?, so when use and not cared for rust. And lots don't have handles yet but cut so clean are pixed out for things then have to hunt them down to fin. Got a Skian duh I just found after mmove, still have to put the gem in butt. Gem is ? not sure but have Dimmond, smoky quarts, Citrein, Amathest, and so on. Damascas blade ? can't remeber patten, maybe latter ? Making Knives have not got me a great rep with most people, as when making well cutting ones their scarry when understoud don't mess up cut as can lose fingers......

Mead, beer, Wine, are easy to make. Hour glass are made in germany so within 4 seconds of an hour. 1/2 hour are under 2. the others that are less time are even closer to a watch.

I like to lift weights, play basketball, watch movies (I watch a TON of movies :D ), cooking, watch sports, read and learn about various things. Fishing, canoeing, hanging out with friends, studying Spanish. I bought a book about making wine so hopefully I'll be able to start on that soon.

ah the good ol hobbies, i pretty much have 3 "true hobbies" my up most favorite of them is racing my motorcyle(2007 gsxr 600) its expensive but fun! groing plants this is my first year with a few peppers i have 150 sqft balcony overlooking Mission bay in SAn diego. and shore/float tube fishing the bays! here is a picture my biggest Shortfin corvina caught on a spook jr(top water lure)
me.jpg

couple pics of me racing
PICTURE.jpg

EvanAndI.jpg

and the view from my balcony
IMAG0596.jpg

HAve a great day!
Eric

I am a foodie, I brew and sell beer for a living, I am into organic and hydroponic and organic gardening. My big thing is firearms. Being passionate is the spice of life.

When it isn't so unreasonably hot out I love to fish from my kayak. I also reload quite a bit of ammo for friends. (There isn't much to do in rural Missouri if you don't fish or shoot at things...) I also play an embarrassing amount of video games, especially since I'm pushing 30. Like I tell my dad- it's a better hobby than crack!

I saw a couple of people mention primitive archery and related stuff- you should look in to an event called MoJam. It's a huge swap meet and shooting event, mainly self made bows, but lots of flint knapping and primitive skill events. It's a big event for a small town, people from several states and Canada come for it each year. Just thought I'd mention it :cool:

When it isn't so unreasonably hot out I love to fish from my kayak. I also reload quite a bit of ammo for friends. (There isn't much to do in rural Missouri if you don't fish or shoot at things...) I also play an embarrassing amount of video games, especially since I'm pushing 30. Like I tell my dad- it's a better hobby than crack!

I saw a couple of people mention primitive archery and related stuff- you should look in to an event called MoJam. It's a huge swap meet and shooting event, mainly self made bows, but lots of flint knapping and primitive skill events. It's a big event for a small town, people from several states and Canada come for it each year. Just thought I'd mention it :cool:

I LOVE to grill and BBQ
Do a lot of camping between football schedule - anyone with teenagers that play in high school knows this is full time all year
Really started getting into Locke Mowers - they are a reel type mower with an engine
I like old ecelectic useful stuff the kinda things you buy for life and not throw away when its broken (hence the Locke )
I'll try and grow anything just for shiggles
Love Pitbulls - love the breed
and Beer

I collect coins, particularly ancient coins from Roman and Greek empires, medieval era, Victorian era and Third Reich currency. I especially enjoy coins that show their age. Here are a few of my most recent additions to my collection.

L to R, top to bottom: Michael IV (Byzantine empire 11th century AD), Artemis (Greek empire 350 BC), Arcadius (Roman 395-408 AD), Constantius II (Roman 337-361 AD)
IMG_20170215_113831582.jpg

Random bronze Greek coins between 5th century BC to 400 AD
IMG_20170215_113315183_HDR.jpg

Yo-yoing has been my main hobby for 16+ years now.  I used to do it competitively, and even had a clothing sponsorship for a few years while I was active.  But these days I just throw yo-yos for fun.

Here are a few of the original tricks I've created over the years...
I've also created a lot of newer tricks in the time since I posted these videos.  I just need to get around to filming them one of these years. 

Back