Holiday Care Package Drive - Please Read

from the couple of packages I've sent, and received very nice notes in return....there's some crazy hot chileheads out there! They asked for more Ghost Fire hot sauce and more Incinerator!!!! I can't eat Incinerator... but they want more?????

:mouthonfire:

I've been slacking on the forms....got into a good book....but I'll get 'em to you, Scott!

Received several donations from THP folks, including SalsaLady & fam's time in filling out the custom's forms. We're about 19 days from the cut-off, and have about $200 to go! Anything helps even $1!

Today is Veteran's Day, so I figured it'd be a great day to do some service for the cause and started packing up care packages.

And so it begins...

396621_10151238309240340_1496200465_n.jpg

About 40 packages here...60 more to go...or more if I am able to raise more than the $550!

578969_10151238304085340_1551046888_n.jpg

Happy Veteran's Day folks, and thank you for your support.
:cheers:

I've had a few questions via email & PM - I replied to each but wanted to address them here & clarify:

1. Q: How can shipping possibly be so inexpensive to the Middle East?

A: APO addresses are considered US domestic shipping. The size padded envelope I use is perfect for 2 bottles + bubble wrap and ships for $5.35, & I ask $5.50 because the bubble wrap adds material cost and because PayPal takes a small %

2. Q: Are you really donating $1000 in hot sauce? Isn't this all a just tax write-off for you?

A: Yes, the retail value of 200 bottles of sauce at $5 per bottle is $1000, and i am committed to *at least* that, and up to 400 bottles if i receive more donations than originally targeted.

Of course my cost to produce the sauce is less than that, and if I write it off I will obviously only get credit for the cost of goods manufactured.

But I'll cross that bridge in April. Those who've known me for a while know well that I don't do this for the write-off. I do this because I have appreciation for the men & women who put their lives on the line every day in crappy conditions. It's not a political thing either - its a human thing. I've personally sent care packages through anysoldier.com for about 3 years now, which started with a good friend who is deployed who I started sending sauce to. It felt so good to do it that I sought out anysoldier.

After a few years its completely addictive. A tax write off is the last thing I care about here. I am a sucker for a good cause. Since launching in June, through my facebook page I've raised money to rescue & train dogs slated for destruction, for testicular cancer, for abused animals - and now for care packages.

I believe in doing good where I can & I'm deeply grateful for my customers for helping with causes that I care about. Having a business is a lot of things, many of them stressful & time consuming. This is one aspect of it where I can leverage my products & customer reach to contribute some positivity.

3. Q: How do I know this is legit & that you're not just scamming people?

A: I'm working directly with the president of anysoldier.com - I can provide contact info by request or you can contact them through the site, www.anysoldier.com to ask about Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, my history with them and/or the legitimacy of this fundraiser.

While you are there, I highly encourage you to support their cause in any way you can. The website is among the most highly rated nonprofits and it takes donations to keep the site & service running.

4. Q: Have you donated or are you just providing sauce?

A: I chipped in $22 for 4 packages, and I donated $85 to anysoldier.com for the block of addresses. They don't "sell" addresses, but as mentioned, it's a nonprofit & their administrative overhead costs $, so I'm thrilled to help. And if by chance we fall short of the 100 package goal, I will cover the difference to ensure that a minimum of 100 care packages are sent. I'm hopeful it won't come to that, but I made a commitment.

I hope this helps to answer your questions...if anyone has any more, please feel free to ask in-topic - there are no secrets here. Just showing some love to our fellow Americans who happen to work in hostile places doing a dangerous job. I know if I was there I'd want to get as many reminders of home as possible.

And all that said, we're still about $200 short of the goal so please give if you can - even $1 helps.

I sincerely thank everyone for their interest in and support of this fundraiser.
:cheers:

Scott
LDHS

Just posted on FB Chileheads group. Hopefully that'll generate a few more $$.

re-posted on home page! And writing writing writing.....

The zip code is 95451, right?

SWEET! You might just make it on donations! Forms are in the mail, you should get them tomorrow.

And an explanation of my previous post...That is NOT the correct zip code, I mixed up a couple numbers in the post, just messing with Scott, gave him a little scare..... ("gotcha!")

:halo:

Scott - you should now be over the top. Thanks for supporting the troops!

You are the man!!!

Thank you so much for your generosity!

We're now at 104 care packages & counting with 9 days to go that I'll take still take donations.

I'll send up to 200 packages total, but I'm thrilled we've met the initial goal of 100!

I'm getting the addresses from anysoldier tonight. :woohoo:

Back