• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

seeds Holidays and seedlings.

I'm off for 'bout two and a half weeks. snowboarding for one, and then crashing at my parents for the other week and a half.
For my big plants I have a timed water box so that's not a problem, however I have some seedlings that have just come out of the propagator and have been transplanted. I also have some still in the propagator, however they haven't germinated yet so aren't really the problem.

So to cut a long story short. I have a bunch of transplanted seedlings. How do I protect em? I was considering giving them a massive watering before I go, then putting transparent cups over them so they don't dry out? Would this be a good or bad thing to do? Or perhaps it would be better to set them up with some bottom watering timed water action?

What are your recommendations?

Use a wick. Fill a container with water and set it roughly one foot higher than your plants (i don't know exactly but you could experiment). Then get a length of hemp rope (or "roped" material) and set it from your container to the seedlings. If you like use multiple ropes and set them to various positions.

This will work however you would have to experiment a little first to find out what was going to work for you.

good idea Nova...

: stashing this information away in long term memory...short term doesn't work very well any more ;) ) :

buggedcom said:
Or perhaps it would be better to set them up with some bottom watering timed water action?

this would be definitely my option...I suppose with all the hydro equipment you have, it would be farily siimple....they likely will only need 3 or 4 waterings....

Back