• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Holy Cow ... Cubs Win ...... Seed Give Away

I've been a loooonng suffering Chicago Cubs fan for 50 seasons and it appears at this point that my Cubbies will be playing it forward into the post season. To celebrate, while the Cubs are playing it forward I will be paying it forward with a seed give away. Simple and straight forward, I will ask a question and the first one to answer it correctly get the seeds. I may ask 1 question or I may ask multiple questions on a given day. There may be 1 winner or there may be 10 winners (if I ask 10 different questions). The Seeds : I do not have any Super Hot varieties, if that's what you are into and win, then please pass the seeds along to someone that's newer to pepper growing, they may just become addicted too. lol  Another twist to the seeds, in addiction to Peppers I also have MANY tomato and eggplant varieties. If you are a winner (in addition to needing your address) please let me know if you want just pepper seeds, peppers and tomatoes, all three, ect ect..I may send you 1 pack of seeds or I may send you 10 packs of seeds (all will be clearly marked as to the variety). Unfortunately, this game is only open to the US members, I will not send any seeds out of the US of A. OK lets get this pepper rolling :rofl:

Question #1 (You must get both parts right to win) Who did the Cubs beat today and what was the score?

Alchymystic said:
Cubs vs. Cardinals

8-3!

Winner Winner Cardnal bird Dinner (send me a pm with name, addy, and choice of seed type)
New Question, New Winner.

Speaking of keeping the pepper rolling ..... Question #2 ..... What does the term "pepper" refer to in baseball ?

Pepper is a common pre-game exercise where one player hits brisk grounders and line drives to a group of fielders who are standing around twenty feet away. The fielders throw to the batter who uses a short, light swing to hit the ball on the ground towards the fielders. The fielders field the ground balls and continue tossing the ball to the batter. This exercise keeps the fielders and batter alert, and helps to develop quickness and good hand-eye coordination.

someguy said:
Pepper is a common pre-game exercise where one player hits brisk grounders and line drives to a group of fielders who are standing around twenty feet away. The fielders throw to the batter who uses a short, light swing to hit the ball on the ground towards the fielders. The fielders field the ground balls and continue tossing the ball to the batter. This exercise keeps the fielders and batter alert, and helps to develop quickness and good hand-eye coordination.

Holy Cow we have a winner for Question #2 (pm me your name, addy, ect) Congrats, Someguy

New Question New Winner

Question #3 ...... the MY Player of the Game today also has the same name as the street that the Chicago Cubs stadium sits on. 3 part Question

Part 1 .... Name that Player
Part 2 .... Name the Stadium (the Chicago Cubs home stadium
and Part 3 ... Name the address of the stadium

tctenten said:
Addison Russell
1060 west Addison street
Wriggled field

Nice contest

LoL    We have a winner (kinda sorta...... It's not Wriggled Field but close enough)    PM your addy TCtenten and your seeds will go out Monday. Congrats
That's all for today, new questions and new winners tomorrow. LET's GO CUBBIES !!

Haha...what you have never heard of Wriggled Gum. Sorry for the typo.

If...and a big if...my hometown Mets should meet the Cubs in a playoff series, let's have a small pepper-related wager. PM on it's way.

Thanks for the chance.

It's a NEW DAY (at least here on the east coast) it's time for a NEW Question and a NEW Winner

My Chicago Cubs are currently in 3rd Place in the National League Central Division. Amazingly, there is only 3 teams in ALL of the major league with as good of or a better record than my Cubs. Name those 3 teams ?

Holy Cow ...... Cubs Win ......... Cubs Win  !!!

Cubs beat the Cards  5-4

New Question and a New Winner

In a 1989 cult classic movie, there was a prophecy about the 2015 Chicago Cubs.

#1 What was the movie title ?
#2 What did it prophesize about the 2015 Chicago Cubs?

You must answer both questions correctly to win. GL and Let's Go Cubbies !!!!

So far I haven't bought into the 4 blood moon thing, but with the Cubs quickly going up the ranks, we may be facing the end of the world. Saints already won Superbowl. :)

HOLY COW ........ CUBS WIN .......... CUBS WIN !!!

The Cubs just knocked off the Brewers 9-5 after taking 2 out of 3 from the Cardinals over the weekend.

Time to give away some seeds ......

Question ....... Name the 2 Major League Baseball teams in the state of Illinois

Back