• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Holy Jolokia Taco Sauce

Holly Jolokia Taco Sauce is a newer sauce from Cajohns in cooperation with the Chile Pepper Institute.  I purchased it at the CPI store in Las Cruces, NM.  

Ingredients:  Vinegar, Chile Peppers, Brown Sugar, Garlic Salt, Onion, Cumin

It is a very flavorful and hotter than the average hot sauces people normally use for Mexican food.  The thickness is good for covering your food well so you can enjoy lots of it as it builds in heat.  I like it, especially since it is different than other products and has some heat that others lack.  Try it some time if you get the chance!

I lived in Ohio for years and have met the fine folks at Cajohns at their stand at the North Market in Columbus on a number of occasions. Very nice folks! For a more mainstream brand, I would definitely recommend them.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
I lived in Ohio for years and have met the fine folks at Cajohns at their stand at the North Market in Columbus on a number of occasions. Very nice folks! For a more mainstream brand, I would definitely recommend them.

I believe this one is made by NMSU (the Chile Pepper Institute). 

Sounds good. I expect a taco sauce to have tomatoes though. Not for my likes, just what is know to me as taco sauce.

It is manufactured by CaJohns, but at a very minimum some of the profit goes to the Chille Pepper Institute at NMU.  I seem to recall it is all proceeds, but that sounds extreme.  I know it is at least some, the product is good, and it helps a great cause.  Not sure if folk realize it or not, but in so far as the United States goes CPI is one of the only non profits doing anything like what they do.  Hoping to be able to afford a membership for next year.  They deserve it and so much more.

Back