• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Holy Jolokia Wing Sauce

I got a 12 oz. bottle of this Holy Jolokia Wing Sauce from the Chile Pepper Institute store in Las Cruces, NM.  Cajohns makes this sauce for CPI to help support their research, as all the Holy jolokia sauces are.

Ok, about the wing sauce...

Ingredients:  Ace Hot Sauce, Canola Oil, Tomato Paste, Cayenne Chiles, Garlic, Butter, Bhut Jolokia Chiles, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Black Pepper, Natural Flavorings.

First, it's thick and buttery with a nice kick of heat.  It smells good with hints of superhots  but also spices, other peppers, and butter.  It is hot, but not so hot you can't enjoy a batch of wings with it.  I really like it, but it is very different from many other wing sauces like Franks or DefCon.  It doesn't have any extract, so it's just right for me to enjoy, but also burn.  I would recommend this if you want to try a different type of wing sauce and like some heat, but not over the top.  I would say this is hotter than average and many people would have trouble eating very much of this at one time.  Some people will say it's too buttery and thick, but I guess I ain't picky.

Back