• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hombre 2013 Pubescens ,Pubescens and Pubescens

Started a Testbatch of 84 in december because I changed a lot of parameters of my grow setup.
Tried using some cheap LED panels but they did not fit for me
So almost all of the things worked out and now I have allready 79 pubescens Plants that I will keep.

photo-18273-3b263bf6_zps4cba245a.jpg

photo-18274-102ef6b3_zps3cc1d6c0.jpg

photo-18347-576c4cd5_zpsba38c7d0.jpg

photo-18492-f2297a31_zps7393b2cf.jpg

Yesterday I started the regular ones

photo-18488-7ed4b977_zps6488b044.jpg

I put 2 Seeds from 148 C.pubescens Varieties

From a Cross called Rocoto 3H from a friend I put 7 Seeds to germate after I allready had that one in the Testbatch and got 4 Plants I am trying to get 10 so I can compare how stable they are

From 6 Varieites I put 9 Seeds each to germate.

The first one is a variety a freind got in 2011 in Peru that is suppose to be the biggest Rocoto ever Problem is that I did not get one Seed to germate last year thats why 9 got sowed this year

He also brought back a nother variety labeld Arequipa Rocoto Red small got really big Rocotos of that and some even turned yellow. So this year I will sow 9 original Seeds and 9 Seeds that I saved from the big Red ones to see if they are true and hoping to get some yellow ones to because the Seeds at the yellow ones did not get ripe

Rocoto Brown will also be 9 Seeds because I need more brown ones for a Sauce that I am working on

A Variety that I got labeld Rocoto Brown gave me really big Red Pods so I am trying if they are true for that they are also getting 9 chances to germante

And the last one is a variety that has the strangest Flowers . They were in 2011 purple and white but the purple was divided to the white in a clear line it looked like some one draw a line with a ruler. So I will check if that turnes out in the next gemeration and try to select seeds to get it sable

More to come

Greetings from germany

Alexander

Super organization, nice setup and that red cloth in the back with the individual bulbs up front reminds me of Christmas ;) Seedlings coming along very nice, great success to you in 2013 …

Super organization, nice setup and that red cloth in the back with the individual bulbs up front reminds me of Christmas ;) Seedlings coming along very nice, great success to you in 2013 …

Thanks. The red cloth in the back is a leftover from a time when there was a Home theatre in that room.
Next Year I hope to find the time to make the Walls bright white to get more reflection out of the lights

Greetings

Alexander

Transplanted the Seedlings on Saturday

IMG_2099_zps93805739.jpg

IMG_2100_zpsada64ddd.jpg

The cutting has finally roots showing

IMG_2145_zps3ae47002.jpg

a Plant out of the Testbatch
IMG_2146_zpsb098cd7c.jpg

Some of the 172 transplanted Capsicum pubescens under light
IMG_2148_zps902cf214.jpg

Hola Alex healthy looking seedlings , are the plants in the last picture the ones from the test batch? What are you feeding them at the moment(if anything)?

Hola Alex healthy looking seedlings , are the plants in the last picture the ones from the test batch? What are you feeding them at the moment(if anything)?
Yes thoose are the plants out of the test batch . Started feeding them last week with a 8-8-6 fertilizer . They get it ones a week

They are getting a bigger pot and fresh Soil sometime next week.
will also repot all the small ones one after a nother and give them a boost by putting them inside at warm 27°C under the LEDs

Greetings

Alexander

Some new pics

Still putting the small plants under the Blue LEDs to get them going
IMG_2559_zps0a51b3ea.jpg

Under the 2x50W LED Floodlight
IMG_2558_zps8b2cab53.jpg

Some of the plants from last year. Had a bad winter hope that some will survive
IMG_2557_zpsa13025bb.jpg

3x10W LED Floodlight
IMG_2556_zps16e7bf4f.jpg

30W LED Floodlight
IMG_2555_zpsf6a0362c.jpg

IMG_2553_zpsa4c13fd8.jpg

IMG_2541_zps2c7359a6.jpg

IMG_2540_zps62c5d351.jpg

IMG_2539_zpsb5bb7067.jpg

IMG_2538_zpsd867282f.jpg

IMG_2537_zpsfbb9f802.jpg

Beautiful stuff Hombre...I really love your grow. Can't wait 'till they start pushing out pods for ya!

Also can not wait until I get get them out in the pots so they can start seting pods. The weather so far is really no fun. Wanted to put them in my "greenhouse" soon but still bearly over freezing and it looks like some more snow in coming

Greetings from Germany

Alexander

Your plants are developing well hope your weather improves soon. 25C here today and my pubes are already getting bushy.
Greetings from Spain

Simon

Back