• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Home Gyms

ok, the beautiful chilliwoman and I are going to buy a home gym. we like the look of the Bodysolid G9S, I also like the look of the Bowflex Ultimate2. both have their positives and negatives. the main drawback for the Bowflex is that the only retail outlet they have in Australia with their equipment on display is interstate. other than that I like the fact that it is lighter than the G9S as it doesn't have weight stacks and can be folded up somewhat when not in use. the G9S seems to be about the best machine I've ever seen - leg press, lat tower etc etc. both are about the same price, so...

does anyone here have any comments on either gym? own one? use one? know someone that does?

What city is the Bowflex in?

Sorry mate, I've got one of those metabolisms, I don't put on weight & the 8 yr old doing laps keeps me fairly active.

The Bodysolid G9S looks awesome, is it a resistance machine?

I use Olympic free weights myself. It would depend where you are going to put it? Is it in a high traffic area i.e. living room? or tucked away in the basement corner, if tucked away I would go with the Bodysolid simply because its set up and is ready to use at any time. I know setup seems easy witht the Bowflex but could your wife do it soley on her own? Just one last step for me personnaly. Something I could just go do it for 45min-1hr and out.
So in saying that I would get the BodySolid if I had the room...

bentalphanerd said:
What city is the Bowflex in?

Sorry mate, I've got one of those metabolisms, I don't put on weight & the 8 yr old doing laps keeps me fairly active.

The Bodysolid G9S looks awesome, is it a resistance machine?

it's in Brisbane funnily enough. the machine has weight stacks, unlike the Bowflex which has bendable rods. mate your a greyhound!

LUCKYDOG said:
I use Olympic free weights myself. It would depend where you are going to put it? Is it in a high traffic area i.e. living room? or tucked away in the basement corner, if tucked away I would go with the Bodysolid simply because its set up and is ready to use at any time. I know setup seems easy witht the Bowflex but could your wife do it soley on her own? Just one last step for me personnaly. Something I could just go do it for 45min-1hr and out.
So in saying that I would get the BodySolid if I had the room...

we've got enough room in our garage. I like the Bodysolid but I'm reluctant to seriously consider the Bowflex if I can't see/try it before I buy it. at least the G9S is accessible. it's smooth, very smooth! Dog if you're using olympic weights then you must be in seriously good shape :clap: respect to you friend and congratulations!!!

DevilDuck said:
Home gym = clothes hanger.

oh God I hope not, not at that price! I won't go to a gym and I know if I spend money on something like this I'll use it. unlike the numerous people I know who pay annual gym membership and go the first month then drop out.

What are your goals? If you're serious about getting into shapes, free weights are the best thing. Anything you can do with those home gyms you can do with some adjustable dumbells. Get a bench and a barbell setup and that will be far better for you than a home gym.

I have a Total Gym and very please with it. Do not realy care for Chuck Norriss but the Gym is great. You can do every thing on it that you can do on the Bowflex had it for 20 years.
Dan

LET IT BURN

I bought the Total Gym for my wife in hopes of her starting to train. I going to start my son on it to get in shape over the winter.
Its very smooth and you get a good workout Ive used it after a strain and to start lifting again. I recommend that for someone who is knew or short room. Plenty of exercises for all experience levels

Back