Hoosier chili head

Well i guess it started in the garden when i was about 7 or 8 and me and my cousin used to have contest to see who could eat the most jalapenos before running to get a drink, and well it just grew from there. If you can put chilis in it or on it, you can bet i have. I have learned to be subjective in my view of spicy though, a little heat for me tends to send my friends and family running.

Funny story, while pan grilling a fajita mix of veggies steak etc, I decided to light it up with a sliced up chocolate bhut... Which does what? Instantly vaporizes all the good stuf in the pepper. Next image is me the wife and kids running out of the house in tears and coughing from what i can only explain as the next closest thing to oc gas i have ever experienced. Then i realize the stove is still on, run back in more tears and coughing cant make it to the stove, run back out and my wife garden hoses me in the face (edit because you have to understand out water pressure was insane as in garden hose with no fitting would shoot water about 20 feet)as soon as i open the door which i promptly let go of and it smacks me in the face and i hit the tile floor in the entry way, By this time smoke is rolling out of the pan drifting out the front door she is trying to get me out of the house and everytime she tries to open the door she coughs more lets go and it smacks me in the head again while im laying there trying to get my wits. Finally get outside, take shirt off douse with water wrap around face, not even worried about seeing that wont happen for a couple hours still, make it in turn stove off throw cast iron skillet out the back door, where it catches the grass on fire, solution? take off wet shirt and start beating grass unable to see completely missing the fire. My 10 year old son the only one with his wits proceeds to then turn the hose on me and the fire which im nearly crawling in unable to see. He still tells his teachers and friends parents about it I have to explain this about once a month and it happened like 3 years ago.

Thanks all, just browsing around here reading i think ive worked up the cojones to eat one of these trin morugas ive got sitting here. That and my son keeps egging me on... if I dont show him up ill never hear the end of it.

:welcome: to THP. Mental note on that story. Also be careful boiling them for hot sauce, etc.. I was making hot sauce and my wife came home screaming "are you trying to kill yourself or me"

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

actually i invested in a good organic compound grade mask after that lol and do most of my cooking involving anything that could be classified as a weapon outside. Wife said it was that or im sleeping outside so guess who won that one. Funny thing is after that incident, she can now pick up a bhut and munch on it like it was a potato chip,

:welcome: From Indy! Maybe you should have a gas mask in the kitchen just in case. It make a great conversation piece also.

:welcome: fro the PacificNorthWest!

We like crazies here.

Well I should fit right in then as long as there is no oppisition to drinking copious amounts of beer and other distilled spirits :)
Photobucket is the photo hosting service a lot of folk use,
but there are others. When you upload a pic, it creates a
direct link you can copy and paste into the dialogue box
you get when you click on the image icon above your new
post. In PB when you mouse over your image a window
pops up with four different kinds of links. Just click on the
direct link and it will copy it. Then go to the post, open the
image dialogue box, and paset in yur link and you should
be good to go. Good luck.

Back