• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Hot Cherry pepper?

I found this at my local food lion/dog/monster. Is it a hot cherry pepper? If not what? Meaty, and taste like a sweet bell with a jalapenoish heat

beerbreath81 said:
Hotter than jalapeno but looks like Rocoto?....what color are the seeds?
 I got my hopes up a little thinking maybe it was a monzano, but when I cut it open it had white seeds. I really like this pepper, so it looks like I will be adding a hot cherry pepper to my grow list right after I get back from the grocery store to clean them out of the few they have left.

Yep looks like a cherry pepper to me i have never grown them but found a few at a local market around here last year. Not too bad and really meaty with jalapenoish heat like you said.

Enjoy. :party:

Terravexti said:
 I got my hopes up a little thinking maybe it was a monzano, but when I cut it open it had white seeds. I really like this pepper, so it looks like I will be adding a hot cherry pepper to my grow list right after I get back from the grocery store to clean them out of the few they have left.
damn...I loose. It was a long shot but wanted to see seeds first. I will admit defeat and get on the bus. Definatly a Cherry Pepper. I grew cherry pepper last year, the stem is what through me, just looks a little small.  Probablly shouldnt listen to us amatures, we are just trying to get our post count up haha

beerbreath81 said:
damn...I loose. It was a long shot but wanted to see seeds first. I will admit defeat and get on the bus. Definatly a Cherry Pepper. I grew cherry pepper last year, the stem is what through me, just looks a little small.  Probablly shouldnt listen to us amatures, we are just trying to get our post count up haha
+1 lol.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I found the chocolate just a tad hotter but nothing to make me grow both again. 

You can check out this thread, meatfreak grew some out and they were not very hot.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34590-chocolate-cherry-pepper/
The heat level is somthing my family will eat. lol.

We've grown both the red and the chocolate cherry peppers and prefer the chocolate.  Since they're not too hot, friends will take them, think they're the usual superhots we grow, and boast that they love to eat our hot peppers!!

The cherry bombs, as we call them, have lots of seeds to save, thick walls, and are great stuffed with cream cheese and basil.  Or mozzarella and basil.  Or just grilled.  They might be a good candidate for pickling.

Back