• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot harvest

from last night. This is the largest harvest to date from my 4 little plants :hell:

Naga Morich and Caribbean Reds

Harvest4.jpg

A hot harvest indeed and not too bad for just four plants considering they all look perfectly ripe. I love the red color of them, they look great!

Chiliac said:
A hot harvest indeed and not too bad for just four plants considering they all look perfectly ripe. I love the red color of them, they look great!

A couple of them are a bit pale and could have used another day or two on the plant, but I've found that if left at room temp for a few days in a paper bag they finish up nicely. Making sauce again next week so they will all be perfect by then.

They're beautiful!

The looks of the plant when the peppers are ripening is what got me started growing them. I prefer them to flowers big time. When you live in the burbs pretty shrubbery is dang near mandatory so I figured why not plant something that not only looks great but is yummy in so many ways.

Skyjerk you've got a great looking bunch of peppers there, them four little plants are working their leaves off for ya. Great work!

very nice indeed...seeing the carribean reds makes me sad since I lost all mine this year...I absolutely love the CRs...

That is one hot bunch right there! Hope mine do that well next year, I am guessing I live west of yo as I am in south central PA. Again congrats on the nice harvest.:hell:

BigDogDaddy said:
That is one hot bunch right there! Hope mine do that well next year, I am guessing I live west of yo as I am in south central PA. Again congrats on the nice harvest.:hell:

What kinda night time temps are you seeing out your way, BigDogDaddy?

Do you ride? Just askin cuz of your name :)
I have a Fat Boy myself

AlabamaJack said:
very nice indeed...seeing the carribean reds makes me sad since I lost all mine this year...I absolutely love the CRs...

You lost a lot, but you learned a lot too.

Next year your Caribbean Red (and others) harvest will be astounding :hell:

What kinda night time temps are you seeing out your way, BigDogDaddy?

Do you ride? Just askin cuz of your name
I have a Fat Boy myself

mid 50's still here at night but it wont be much longer and that will be over with.

The name comes from one of my favorite songs that our band does...from Toby Keith. But as a matter of fact, since ya asked....Yeah, I do ride. 1996 Sportster. :hell:

Looks great man! Someone's going to have some good eats;) I just had my first Caribbean Red the other night, yeah it was really good and hot!

Back