• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot papers do not want to grow

Hi,
I am trying to grow some hot papers.
I moved them to a big pot outside a month ago, but it seems that they do not want to grow up.
These are the pictures of the plants a month ago:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/55273-my-hot-peppers-are-sick-dont-know-why/

I sorted some of the a month ago pictures with their today pair.

A month ago:
20150622_091016.jpg

TODAY:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Month ago:
20150622_091111.jpg

TODAY:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A month ago:

20150622_091059.jpg

TODAY:

################# Some Other  Today pictures that I did not find a match  #############

free photo hosting

Any idea why they do not grow?

Thanks.

may have shocked them a little, i had scorpions that did that this year too.  they just started to get new foliage whereas my reapers exploded and they're in the same area.  i just kept watering them every day (not a whole lot though)  i also treated mine with a fish base fert  5-5-1 i think....  and epson salt at some point this year.  

You're growing them sideways :doh:

Seriously though, it looks like a couple things going on.
Possibly root bound, that container looks pretty shallow and your soil might need some amending.
Ph might be too far off to let ferts do their thing.

I would start with transplanting the best ones into their own container using good quality potting soil or at least work more soil into the roots and fill the container more. Fix the easy stuff first and the more complicated stuff might just go away.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies 
The pot not very sallow. (25cm deep) 
Is this a good fertilizer:
liquid 6-4-5 + micro
?

oren_a said:
Thanks for the replies 
liquid 6-4-5 + micro
?
New here and not an expert (fyi).  With the numbers for ferts though (quick and dirty style).  First number is for vegetative  growth.  Second is for fruiting (flowering).  Third is for general health.  So maybe in spring when they are growing up I use a 5-1-1 fish emulsion.  It is possible when they start fruiting I switch to like a 4-6-1 or something.  And some folks do a 1-1-1 (which would be the same as a 16-16-16-) slow release all year.  I like to add epsom salt and bone meal to the soil for later.  It just depends on how you want to do !  I grow in pots, which get washed out sooner.  They get hungry!  
Best wishes! 

Edit:poor grammer...again...Damn it Jerry!

Does it matter what you put in them in the past?  They need something now.

oren_a said:
Thanks for the replies 
liquid 6-4-5 + micro
?

I would use something a lot stronger until you whip them into shape.

Back