• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

hot pepper advice (my heat tolerance is growing dysfunctionally high

i literally use the ghost pepper in every meal i have prepared over last year.... my tolerance to hot food has gone from 1 drop of dave's insanity private reserve to over 25 in same portion of spaghetti sauce to get the same burn i love and desire

the question and concerns i am having is that lately i have been living off of fajitas and bean burritos using powdered ghost pepper and despite my mouth and tongue does not burn.... due to the insane tolerance i have i think hit a disturbing problem where i need like tablespoons of powdered ghost pepper added to my bean burritos which sarcastically is barely even hot to my mouth and tongue...... but the rest of my body and digestive maybe getting smacked showing it's self far more sensitive

people in places like Mexico apparently may life on eating things perhaps even hotter than i am eating now, is there something i am meant to eat or drink with my meals to help nurse my digestive system to cope with my growing tolerance to hot peppers and the need to continually increase the dosage?

I cook with the ghost pepper in every meal i prepare... been doing i for over and year and not stopping now! my heat tolerance has gotten so high that i need to add so much hot stuff to my food my digestive system maybe showing weakness that isn't keeping up with my tongue and mouth!!

If you know the answer help me please! i actually eat this stuff in every meal i prepare! breakfast, lunch and dinner!! and the rapidly increasing heat tolerance is demanding bigger and bigger dosages!!

TheGhostHuntingPepper said:
If you know the answer help me please! i actually eat this stuff in every meal i prepare! breakfast, lunch and dinner!! and the rapidly increasing heat tolerance is demanding bigger and bigger dosages!!

You sound like a heroine addict..

Maybe you could not use hot peppers for a week or so and then see if you feel like your tolerance has gone down..

Don't eat peppers for a while. And when you do, drink some soda or carbonated water(soda taste increases tastebuds receptivity more than plain water) because the bubbles will trigger a slight pain response and cause you to pay more attention to capciacin.

If you're counting drops, you're still small time. Not to mention it's Dave's... Yuck.

Order some other powders rather than just ghost powder. Get some 7 pot, or scorpion powder. Rotate through a variety rather than just one.

You may find out that you aren't as tough as you think.

Naga Chomper said:
If you're counting drops, you're still small time. Not to mention it's Dave's... Yuck. Order some other powders rather than just ghost powder. Get some 7 pot, or scorpion powder. Rotate through a variety rather than just one. You may find out that you aren't as tough as you think.

this, there are plenty of superhots that blow bhuts out of the water, both in heat and taste

but for the people who eat super hot food on dialy basis..... do they just simpley eat it, or is there trade-secert of washing it down with something to help with digestive problems? i don't know lemon juice, milk, toast, rice-beans? AS my taste buds grow tollerant, the rest of my body i am not sure adjusts as equally..... OR perhaps it does!! that is why i am asking!

Sorry to hear of your problem. Whenever I eat hot peppers, always Dr Pepper soda. I want to get the true taste. I had that same problem with the rest of my body about 18 years ago. I had and ulcer. After I had it healed, no problem. Top end don't care, neither does the bottom end.

I got my ulcer from Aleve (naproxen sodium). It was from a volleyball injury. Maybe play it safe and see your doctor. They found it with a upper GI. I only had to drink the chalky barium drink while x-raying me.

I did't think I had an ulcer. I thought I was too young and healthy.

Don't get me wrong, Bhuts are hot, very hot, but there are hotter peppers. Maybe it is time to get some :P so you'll need less amounts, maybe even your guts will like that better.

TheGhostHuntingPepper said:
but for the people who eat super hot food on dialy basis..... do they just simpley eat it, or is there trade-secert of washing it down with something to help with digestive problems? i don't know lemon juice, milk, toast, rice-beans? AS my taste buds grow tollerant, the rest of my body i am not sure adjusts as equally..... OR perhaps it does!! that is why i am asking!

Rice and beans. I use a lot of that in my cooking. You also want to have an appetizer that has little or no spice first. A roll or two should work. Eating extremely hot food on an empty stomach will cause a lot of irritation. I use a variety of superhot peppers for different flavors. It takes quite a bit to give me a burn.
Gotrox said:
Just go with it.
And when cooking for others to eat, remember what you may now call "slightly spicy" could likely be "unbearably painfull" to others.

This is the real negative side of having a high tolerance. I cannot even detect what others think is unbearably painful, so I end up burning friends and family.

synopsis- your mouth isn't feeling the heat anymore but your guts aren't too happy....

Definitely, plus to what a couple others have said about eating something soothing, beans, rice, bread, dairy, greasy foods!, to coat the gut before hitting it with heat.

You say you're eating bhut powder with every meal.  Even though bhut's were clocked at over 1mil SHU, the range is typically 700,000-1mil.  There's no way to know what the heat level is of the powder you're using is.  It could even be below 500K. 

Chiles contain a variety of CAPSAICINOIDS, the chemical compounds that give chiles their heat.  ONE of those capsaicinoids is capsaicin.  There are MANY posts about the different ways chiles hit the heat in the mouth- long slow burn, quick slap, back-a-ma-throat....  The different capsaicinoids  effect the mouth differently.  If you've only been eating one type of chile, maybe those receptors have been "burned out"n to the point where you don't feel the heat in those places any more. 

Definitely, switch up your chiles and get some hotter chiles.  7 Pots, douglahs, scorps....heck, even a good fatalii will light it up very nicely! 

Good Luck!

and I ain't buying THAT, TB.....you know as well as anyone the effect of chiles.... :eek:..

:lol:

Throw some variety in. My tolerance is zilch compared to many others on the forum but I have even gotten used to the same peppers heat day after day. throw in a different type of chili and you will soon become humble again.

Back