• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hot pepper cuttings

started my cuttings from the mother plants in just plain H2O. couple of weeks later;

Now moved up to the Big league. these are todays cuttings from the mother plants. started them in Clonex and Root Riot. hoping they all root. This is my first time trying this, this way. Hoping it works. If it does, then this fall will be cutting madness. alot easier than seeds :onfire:

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpg
    IMG_2686.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2709.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 63
Started seeing roots about 2 weeks, to my surprise . I'm hoping that this works in the pods. Yeh, I like the idea of cloning and much easier than starting from seeds.

just got an auto cloner, this fall I may have to use it and see if I can't get a jump start.. Ive used the Clonex and Coco cubes before, they work very well. But, I found a used 45 site cloner for $70, might be able to use it with my newly discovered green thumb,

Very nice! I plan on doing some in small DWC cloner I made. How long before you started seeing roots?

I have a little home made one as well. I have had better luck with this method than either clonex or regular water. As a matter of fact, I am batting 0% for clonex or water so anything is better than that LOL, but seriously, the little DWC cloner successfully clones plants pretty quick and it is also great for saving those seedlings that look ill or the ones you yanked out to thin the rapid rooter.

I don't trust root hormones. You can get them to root without it. I have better luck in wet soil than water though.

There are several members here who clone by the tray full...works very well. Keep us posted on your progress! Check out PaulG's glog from last year and this year...he's the cloninator.

I use rockwool for cuttings without any hormones. After around 4 Weeks it looks like this
IMG_2145_zpsb1cfe6d4.jpg

Greetings

Alexander

Been doing this for a while. I dip them in rooting hormone then into water. I change the water every few days but that's it.

These pics are about 40 days after I cut them.

DSC028122300x1725_zpsfd7b6999.jpg

DSC028112300x1725_zpsfd0ee5d7.jpg

Back