• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot Pepper Max ?

Has anyone used this stuff?

http://www.hydroponics.co.uk/Clearance-Sale(1)/Clearance-Sale/Hot-Pepper-Max

Seems like it seals the pores on plants so they can't transpire and thereby dry out as fast.

The guy at my hydro store tried to sell me a litre for real cheap once he heard I was growing peppers, but I'm not sure it would benefit my plants any. It kinds seems unnatural to stop the plant from transpiring, I'm wondering if it would harm anything?

Might be useful in the heat of the summer when I have to water everyday.

sorry the link is dead and I can't edit for some reason

Hot Pepper Max
Cat No: SAL03

Helps to prevent plants from transpiration, which mean loss of water vapour.
Plants lose moisture through their leaves and also stems fruits and flowers. When applied as a foliar spray Hot Pepper Max coats the whole plant. Moisture loss is reduced with this protective barrier. It can also help to prevent spidermite.​

Has anyone used this stuff?

http://www.hydroponics.co.uk/Clearance-Sale(1)/Clearance-Sale/Hot-Pepper-Max/Clearance-Sale/Hot-Pepper-Max

Seems like it seals the pores on plants so they can't transpire and thereby dry out as fast.

The guy at my hydro store tried to sell me a litre for real cheap once he heard I was growing peppers, but I'm not sure it would benefit my plants any. It kinds seems unnatural to stop the plant from transpiring, I'm wondering if it would harm anything?

Might be useful in the heat of the summer when I have to water everyday.

FIFY that one works

my grow tent was really humid which stopped the plants from transpiring much at all, and they got edema.. you could give it a shot, but I wouldn't do it on many of your plants at first.. + I would think unless your in the southern part of the US like texas and arizona and stuff, where it is dry and hot, I wouldn't even bother. + if it really does seal the pores.. do it seal them only so water molecules can't really get out.. or does it seal it so that CO[sub]2[/sub] can't be absorbed and O[sub]2[/sub] at night when they need it convert sugars into carbs/food ect... into growth

Back