• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

HOT PEPPERS & YOUR HEALTH

Hi, I was Wondering How Many People here Eat Lots of Really Hot Peppers or Spice Every Day and Hardly Ever get SICK?

I Eat some everyday, and i hardly ever get Sick(Knock on wood maybe a Cold once every two years), Pretty Sure Virus's are Scared of the Hot Pepper Juice in my Blood.

HOW ABOUT SHARING YOUR HEALTH EXPERIENCE WITH SUPER HOT SPICES? GOOD OR BAD

Heh - let me assure you, viruses don't care about the capsaicin content in your blood. Though it can be amusing to think they might be......

That's kind of like thinking of what you'd do if you won a lottery.

I used to think it kept the common cold at bay - and since I think they have some vitamins, there could be some truth to that. But I eat a *lot* of capsaicin in sauces (pretty much every meal) and fresh pods and the flu I just had looked at the capsaicin and mocked it soundly. "Ba ha ha ha ha ha! Puny capsaicin - THIS is what sick feels like!"

True story.

I very seldom get sick from colds during the summer and fall as I eat a lot of fresh vegetables and peppers, but in late fall and to the winter I take the flue shot and hope for the best, I think that a good part of the vegetables we buy in the market during the winter are less nutritious than what we get during the spring and summer growing season as they are picked early and shipped long distances, that may cause people to become less resistant to colds and flues. Peppers are very high in vitamins and antioxidants which can help the immune system, but so are a good many other veggies. Staying healthy can be very trying if you have young kids or have to meet with a lot of people every day. With me its a toss up deal I can stay at home were its warm and away from people that might be sick, or I can go out and take my chances. :rolleyes:

Having said that capsaicin oil helps prevent some types of cancers especially prostate cancer, but I sure as hell am not letting my doctor swab my prostate with a hot pepper. Ha! :shocked:

Study's are Showing it Helps with Many Health Issue's and it is the Capsaicin / Pepper combo Keeping us Healthier.

It Release's Endorphyn's into the Brain, so it can be used to Reduce Headaches at Times.

I did here about it Reucing Some Cancer Risks too..

I have read somewhere that the South American people have the least Heart Disease in the world because of the spicy food they eat!

I eat spicy foods pretty constantly. I am also pretty sick right now. But, I blame working for a school district. I can't tell you how many germ infested keyboards I have to touch in a typical day. I have been sick more often since working there than ever before in my life. I should have some pretty good immunities built up before too long. ;)

I think people attribute almost mystical powers to peppers sometimes. Sure, they are most likely good for your health, and yes, they do contain a lot of vitamins, but I think people can get a little carried away. :)

I once offered my step daughter's boyfriend to some ghost peppers. The next day she told me after her boyfriend ate the peppers he touched her while staying the night, she had to get a bathtub full of cold water to put out the burn.

Little did they know the peppers I offered him wasn't just bonding with the new boyfriend but
I. told them the next morning it was birth control..... LOL. O:-)

I once offered my step daughter's boyfriend to some ghost peppers. The next day she told me after her boyfriend ate the peppers he touched her while staying the night, she had to get a bathtub full of cold water to put out the burn.

Little did they know the peppers I offered him wasn't just bonding with the new boyfriend but

LOL ... I had a GF many moons ago. I bought 10lbs of Scotch Bonnets Fresh to Dry for Flakes.

We never played with HOT Peppers before, both bare hands.

Needless to say... het hot hands, ended up creating a circle of Heat later when we both forgot we played with the peppers.

WHOA! No wonder the make Hot! Creams now...LOL

Well since I started eating lots of peppers and pepper products, I have not thrown up in 30 years, I have never been
diagnosed with the flu, (I think I get it but my symptoms are very mild and are gone in a few days)

Back