• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hot Pooper and SouthernYooper meeting of minds.

Ok, so Hot Pooper aka Sean and I have been trying to get together for sometime now and it finally went down. We met up at the local Quaker Steak and Lube for some good ole wings. Tonight was all you can eat wing night. Now before hand I was pretty confident I could hang with him. This was purely based on no knowledge whatsoever. Just that I'd be able to handle it. Wrong. Lol. I did fine with the normal atomic wings before where I could eat a ton. Well they had some Triple Atomic wings that I didn't think were bad when I sampled the sauce previously. Apparently my tolerance has dropped quite a bit or Sean is pretty good at this stuff. Probably both. So in the end I only ate 4 and he had 8. He didn't even flinch.
So we had a good meal and went to part ways, when these already great people decided to give me some parting gifts. Hooked me up with like 7 plants including a 2nd year yellow 7 that looks awesome. A ton of seeds and let me try out his Blairs Sauce that i'll return to him next time we hang out. Couldn't have been more grateful for such a generous set of gifts. So in the end, two THP members got to chill and talk about peppers and whatnot. Thanks THP and thanks HP.

SouthernYooper aka Zach.

Its always good to meet fellow chili heads especially when they are fellow THPers...

sounds like you guys hit it off and had a great time...

Right on SY. Very cool that you got to hang out and enjoy some heat together :onfire: Kudos to Sean aka Hot Pooper for being a badass and totally cool at the same time :cool:

Thats great. Sounds like a great time. Ill have to find some people around Houston and try to set up a hotluck here. Never been to one except for the chile pepper festivals. Anybody in the area wanna get together and hang out and tempt our palettes with varieties of hot and great foods, let me know.

there are a bunch of us Texans that are members here...but...we all live hours from one another...I could be talked into meeting up somewhere fairly centrally located...

It is always good to meet up with fellow chileheads. I have found that as a whole they are a very diverse but very cool and generally very good bunch of people. We had a pretty good sized bunch meet up at Peppers at the Beach in Rehoboth, DE a couple months ago and it was a great time. Unfortunately, there were only a couple of THP'rs there, but I got to meet a bunch of really cool people. I was hoping to go to JJ's in a couple of weeks, but that looks like (barring some sort of financial miracle) it's probably not going to be in the budget. I would so love to have a THP National Convention. That one I would fly in for! I think we should have it in AJ's pepper garden.

the wife would freak out but welcome it (I think)....

if you are serious, I will talk to her and see what she says...lots of motels within 5 miles of my place and there is room for tents in the yard if anyone wants to "rough it"...it definitely would have to be in late September/October when the weather cools a bit though....

Yeah, it was a LOT of fun!
Im telling ya'll what, those wings had some AWESOME sauce! They had like a honey or sugar in them. They had a nice little sweetness to them. I am VERY impressed. Im gonna have to try that when I make my own!
SY is a cool dude. We had a real good time. He's just as nice, or nicer in person than he is on here. Wow, I'll have to stop before this starts sounding gay....lol
You know, thats one of the reasons I gave the plants and seeds to him...I LOVE doing good things for good people. I dont need anything in return. I am grateful for what I have, so why not share, right?
Next time will be the Thai place here where I live....I'll make sure he cooks with the GOOD stuff!!!

Sean

the wife would freak out but welcome it (I think)....

if you are serious, I will talk to her and see what she says...lots of motels within 5 miles of my place and there is room for tents in the yard if anyone wants to "rough it"...it definitely would have to be in late September/October when the weather cools a bit though....

Count me in!

Let's start a thread to discuss it. We're walking all over their thread! :lol:

(Glad you guys had a blast!)

well hell Paulky...they are invited too.... :lol:

good idea about another thread...

Sounds like you guys had a great time and wow what a gesture to donate some plants! I think we need a cali thread as well ;)

Honestly, what was I gonna do with TWO Yellow 7 plants? They were all extra, so why not give them to someone that could really appreciate them, ya know?

True dat. A national convention would be awesome. But we'd almost have to chip in to bring in the Aussie peeps. Me thinks it wouldn't feel right without some of our friends from down under. INTERNATIONAL THP CONVENTION!. Start putting jars in gas stations now!

good point!

But they get together more often than we do. Makes me wish I was in Australia!

Who wouldn't love to hang out with those nuts!

Minnesota has a small showing on THP but getting together sounds awesome. I'm sure we could figure out a place to meet...camping anyone? It's not like we don't have a lake or two here. Or a picnic? Anyone interested? For us it would have to be on a Sat afternoon or Sunday due to job conflicts.

Well, guys, in a few days there will be a transatlantic THP convention in Sarasota. I'm going to meet Sickmont there! Well, no Aussies of course....

Back