• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot purchases

I took the trip to the Redback Chilli Co. in Jindivick today for the Hot Sauce and Fiery Foods Festival and I went a bit nuts buying sauces. I tried just about every hot sauce there but settled for this lot:

001-5.jpg

Cave Creek Chilli Beer, Blair's Death Rain, Blair's Shot to Hell, Disaster Bay Exotic Masala, Disaster Bay Chipotle Sauce, Disaster Bay Lemon Stinger, Redback Chilli Co. Chilli Chutney, Redback Chilli Co. Devil Relish, Matchett Productions Chilli Sting, Mild to Wild Pepper Co. Stupid Hot, The Chilli Factory Devil's Delirium, The Chilli Factory Hot Chilli Wasabi Mustard and Disaster Bay Hot Chilli Wine. It was a good day with live music, plenty of good food and a chance to laugh at the chilli eating competition. They basically just fed the entrants with manzanos until 2 were left standing, one was still pretty cool and collected and the other was obviously pumping himself up to go on. Then out came the nagas.....:mouthonfire: Mr. Cool just chewed down on that sucker and the other popped the whole thing in and in about 5 seconds proceeded to vomit many times.....:lol: I don't think he had a clue what the Naga was going to do to him but he sure found out. Anyway, I enjoyed the day out and got a good laugh watching all the heroes asking for "the hottest you've got", got to try dozens of sauces and listened to some Latin American tunes. :cheers:

Sounds like you had a top day mate! That Devils Delirium is fantastic.

Did you try the Lemon Stinger?

It was a good day and perfect weather for it too.
Novacastrian said:
Sounds like you had a top day mate! That Devils Delirium is fantastic.

Did you try the Lemon Stinger?
The Lemon Stinger is awesome you should get some, I can't see it lasting me very long. The Devil's Delirium is really good too and the Exotic Masala, while not real hot, has a great flavour, it's one of the better ones for taste.

definitely a kid in a candy store day! hot chilli WINE?!?!? hard to imagine what that would taste like.....

The wine tastes great had back in 02 or 03 at the fiery food show.it tastes like wine should i counldn't even taste the chiles i was disappointed in that fact but i talked with Haggis the other day he called from Australia what a great guy.
Jimmy he told me he was getting a divorce & giving up the chilehead lifestyle?any truth to that fact.

Mick
KATO'S

What did you think of the beer? I have had it and didn't like it. In fact have very rarely had a chile beer that I like. Rogue makes one that's not too bad.

The best cdhile beer I ever had was made by Rio Grande brewing company it was a green chile beer can't think of the name but back in 02 was in Albuquerque for the fiery food show went out to the warehouse bought 2 cases and then went back out to the show and I couldn't find no more so I guess they went belly up in a short time.It is still the best chile beer I ever tried.I still have an empty in my collection and I still have a Cave Creek in my collection still full.I guess that tells you what I think of the Cave Creek it tastes like Miller Lite which I hate.

Mick
KATO'S

Yeah I did feel like a kid in a candy store. :)

kato said:
The wine tastes great had back in 02 or 03 at the fiery food show.it tastes like wine should i counldn't even taste the chiles i was disappointed in that fact but i talked with Haggis the other day he called from Australia what a great guy.
Jimmy he told me he was getting a divorce & giving up the chilehead lifestyle?any truth to that fact.

Mick
KATO'S

Seeing as I don't know the man I wouldn't know anything about his personal life but he had a sign up saying he was selling "house, bar and 8 acres of land". The wine tastes good but it's quite sweet so you'd probably drink it more like a port or sherry, unless of course you like a sweet wine.

JayT said:
What did you think of the beer? I have had it and didn't like it. In fact have very rarely had a chile beer that I like. Rogue makes one that's not too bad.

The beer was okay, but I'm not a big beer drinker anyway, unless it's Guinness.... I've only had one, gave 2 away and dropped 2 getting out of the car so I can have one more go at it.

SeeYouJimmy said:
I've only had one, gave 2 away and dropped 2 getting out of the car so I can have one more go at it.

No beer deserves to die this way.

....a moment of silence, if you please....

......carry on.

pileiton said:
I don't see it that way. Afterall there are beers with fruit in them. Traditional I think of lambics and krieks.

Very true and I am not one to criticize the great Belgian monk's, just the people that drink them.

I'm not one for flavored beer EXCEPT for pumpkin beeeer! There are some awesome pumpkin beers. So, because I really like those, I am more open minded now when it comes to other flavored beers. I had a home brewed wild blueberry stout in Maine that was good.

I cannot remember the name of the brewery but I believe it was Bill Owens of American Brewery magazine that does/did a pumpkin beer. I might be fuzzy on the details, I'm sober!

I have never actually tried the flavored brews. I just haven't ruled it out.

Back