• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Sauce Horror Stories

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Post your funniest hot sauce horror stories! Hot sauce on hands? What happened next? Etc. :hell:

I've got a few as well...

there was the time I was drying habs in the oven and had the heat a bit too high, it was like the house had been shot full of police pepper-spray canisters. my wife and I had to evacuate the house for an hour because we couldn't stop coughing, sneezing and burning eyes.

or the time I was making sauce in the kitchen, my wife had gone out shopping and her parting comment to me was "don't make a mess". I had the lid on the blender which was full of red habs. our pet cockatoo was on his stand next to me watching the goings on, every now and then I'd slip him a hab to munch on - he likes all chiles! I took the lid off the blender to add some more ingredients. forgetting that the thing was plugged in and turned on, I picked it up by the base and in doing so I depressed and held the pulse button. needless to say 3 seconds of about 20zillion rpms successfully sprayed chunks of hab everywhere. not only that but there was an immediate release of chile gas. I was rushing around trying to clean up while coughing and sneezing my head off saying "f***, f***, f***". the cockatoo was screeching his head off. what a disaster. funny thing was I managed to clean up everything except for one small chunk that chilliwoman found as soon as she walked in. now I'm forced to make my sauces, powders, jerky, sausages and other experiments on the back verandah.

I've also blended habs and birdseyes and released powder and dust into the air - one time it was like a sand storm.

I've got a million 'burning myself while making sauce stories' too but I guess we all have them. you know, the one where you get some invisible juice on your finger then manage to touch every sensitive part on yours and your partners body, it's got amazing adherent qualities that capsaicin - it's a bit like the scene from The Party with Peter Sellers when he gets the caviar on his hand. ever had hot hab mash splash up and burn you while bubbling away in the pot then had the immediate reaction to lick the hot sauce off your hand/arm only to ingest hot concentrate?

ok, someone else's turn.

I stuck the stirring spoon into the pot while making pain last week. Same way as I have a million times before while making soup, spaghetti...anything else.....but only when your cooking up hot sauce do these things happen -
A small dollop splash-back came out of the pot & directly into my eye. Of course I had to leave straight away to pick up my boy from school. So I turn up with one swollen blood-shot eye, sniffing, sneezing & scratching...& just pretend nothing has happened.

Ah yes hotsauce accidents, washing now empty 20 litre pots of habanero sauce and realising your arms up to the elbow are now on fire. A pot that size... just rinsing it will atomize enough cap to take your breath away.
Roasting habs too hard will certainly make you leave the room as well

Mick

in another thread I mentioned about my buddy giving his son(well the son is an adult)a spoonfull of purecap and it was almost desasterous and damn scary

Had some clown here at work cutting a jalapeno in half and rubbing it in one of his eyes on a bet for money....and he handled it well. So i tossed him a fresh chocolate hab to use and doubled the bet money. Needless to say, he lost. Painfully.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Thinking your hands are clean then going to the bathroom to release some beer lol...Gets kinda warm DAMN!!!!

I did that....once.....making mango habanero salsa. Only time I cooked with habs without gloves. Now, I glove up everytime.

I burned for 30 minumtes. Kind of warm wasn't a term I would have used.

Sickmont said:
Had some clown here at work cutting a jalapeno in half and rubbing it in one of his eyes on a bet for money....and he handled it well. So i tossed him a fresh chocolate hab to use and doubled the bet money. Needless to say, he lost. Painfully.

It ought to be a crime to waste a perfectly good chocolate hab like that....next time, ship it to me

:cool:

I was at a mate's birthday lunch. The owner of the house were an elderly couple. They didn't eat chilli's but had a lot in the garden just because they are a nice looking plant!

Anyway, we were picking small ones and hiding them inside cream puff/prefiteroll dessert's. It was all fun and games until I went to hang a leak. Unzipped, grabbed on to get a steady aim...and YEEOOOWWWWWW!!! burning wang/testicles for the next 30mins. The worst part is they went for a walk down to the beach right after (reason I made sure I took a leak). It's definately not easy walking when your crotch is on fire!! :oops::(

staffing said:
It ought to be a crime to waste a perfectly good chocolate hab like that....next time, ship it to me

:cool:

It wasn't wasted. I still ate the sumbitch....only after i doubled my money, of course.

I bought this new Hot Sauce many years ago called Scorned Woman.... When I got home I opened the bottle and taste tested it. Good stuff mighty tasty and a good amount of heat. I cooked some chicken with the stuff (1/3 of bottle) and added some other items in the chicken. Poured chicken over rice and prepared to chow down. Was the hottest damn stuff I ever ate at the time and actually was the first time I washed some of the chicken off it was so hot. Needless to say it didn't really help AT ALL.....

I had a few people over to shoot some pool and have a few drinks. After a few hours one of my friends asked me if I had any chips and salsa...so I pointed him in the right direction and went back to my game of 8-ball.

Next thing I hear is a huge cough and a gag coming out of the kitchen. So I poked my head in there to see if everything was ok, and I see my friend with his head in the sink.... right next to a bowl full of Dave's Insanity. I asked him what he did....

"Dude...that stuff is HOT!!!" Pointing to the bowl.

"Did you use that like salsa?"

(pant, pant, pant...) "Yeah. It didn't smell that hot."

"You dumbass....here's the salsa. That stuff is a pepper extract."

Needless to say, he's not a chilihead and had never in his life had anything that hot.

Back