• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot sauce on History Channel

I was going to say that, been watching from the start but was playing a game and could not take the time to come over here and let yall know.

It was a new doc (shot in 2009) but had lots of old info. I kept thinking it was older. H2 blockers for the stomach are not new (Prilosec's been around 10 years). Capsaicin for pain relief is not possibly the future, it's already in use. The only thing I learned was that Tabasco ferments their mash in sealed barrels with the salt on top of the barrel, not inside. Yes, this is true. Cool process.

Yea I seen a show called "How the Best is Done" and they had a lot of the Tabasco stuff in there. They're pretty rigorous in how they produce it.

reviving this thread as the History Channel is getting more episodes available to view on their website.

We watched this today. Some good history, some familiar faces, and durn funny watching the folks eating the hot stuff. (can you say... "been there, done that, know what you feel?")

http://www.history.com/shows/modern-marvels/videos/playlists/full-episodes#modern-marvels-hot--spicy

according to this, McIlhenny's really does age their mash for 3 years~

LOL did you think it was a myth or something?

no, not me. It just brought to mind some chitchat on one of the threads doubting that McIllanihinney's actually barrel-cure for 3 years.
:cool:

Back