• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hot sauces that go to your head

I'm looking for new hot sauces that go to your head a bit like wasabi and Thai peppers.  Have you had those that quickly clear your sinuses and after a while make you cry a bit?  That's what I'm looking for.     

Favorite sauces:
- Endorphin Rush: Goes quickly to my head like wasabi without long mouth burn.  It's almost too hot for me, though.  
- El Yucateco Chile Habanero Green Hot Sauce:  Okay, goes to my head a bit, but too mild

What other sauces would you recommend?

sirex said:
Anything that Pex makes that says its hot will absolutely light you up.

Google:  Pex Peppers

He has a sale going on today for BOGO.  Buy one KillerSwarm (hot) and get one Red Rage (really hot) for free.   

Pex Peppers are very true to the peppers in the ingredients.  A lot of other sauces say they are made with X,Y, and Z peppers but all you taste is the heat.  With stuff by Pex, you can tell the difference between the peppers.  Some are way hot.  Daughter said one broke her tongue.

Texas Creek (Salsa Lady here) sauces are not all way hot, but one approaches it.  It is called Wildfire Hot Sauce.  It is a Chipotle, but dont confuse it with her other Chipotle.  The Wildfire is hotter and contains her other product: Pure Evil which I understand will floor a guy.

Other great sauce makers here on THP but think these are the two that I like best in the mouth burning category.  Thing is, it is not all about mouth numbing.  Lucky Dog offers a range of heats in sauces you can pour directly onto foods.  I forget which ones are the mild and which are the hot.  Gave daughter a set for Christmas, together we have been working from mild to hot.  Much fun.

Graeme said:
- El Yucateco Chile Habanero Green Hot Sauce:  Okay, goes to my head a bit, but too mild
I used to love that stuff until a few years ago. It was found to have Lead and/or Mercury in waaaay too high levels.
Haven't had it since.

Here are a couple recommendations:
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce™ Dia Del Poro
Texas Creek Products™ Chipotle BBQ
DEFOCON™ Defense Level 2,3 or 4
Or add Pure Evil® from Texas Creek Products™ to your favorite ketchup. I promise you will "make you cry a bit". LOL

Scoville, love the first two on you list.  I didnt mention them because the OP seemed to be looking for something that would set both ends on fire.  I think both of those are the type of sauces you lather your food with.. oh and I do.

Defcon Sauces Habby Horse

ajdrew said:
the OP seemed to be looking for something that would set both ends on fire.

No, he is looking for the nasal clearing effects of horseradish in a hot sauce. Who the hell would be looking for both ends on fire?

The Hot Pepper said:
Defcon Sauces Habby Horse

No, he is looking for the nasal clearing effects of horseradish in a hot sauce. Who the hell would be looking for both ends on fire?

Exactly.  I'm looking for hot sauces that clear your sinuses very quickly.   

Fresh horseradish is a good example.  I'd get that more often but the horseradish in the grocery stores all seems to have sugar and other weird things added that make it warm at best and ruin the effects.

Graeme said:

Exactly.  I'm looking for hot sauces that clear your sinuses very quickly.   

Fresh horseradish is a good example.  I'd get that more often but the horseradish in the grocery stores all seems to have sugar and other weird things added that make it warm at best and ruin the effects.
You can buy your own root and make your own, it really isn't that hard.  

I'm actually growing some in a container this year (well trying anyway) 

Back