seed-train Hot Stuff's fibonacci seed train

Scuba_Steve said:
BTW, forgive my last comment.  I apparently did not read the rules very well, and completely did not know what you were talking about Ozzy.

With that being said, I agree with you.  But not my seed train; not my rules.  That is a lot of baggies though.  Good thing I bought a 1000 pack a long time ago.

And I thought I had my contribution all wrapped up and set to go!

Would it be fair to assume that a dried wild pod contains at least 5 seeds?
lol Funny you say that.  I just ran out of baggies with 2 varieties to go.  I have 8 varieties I'm putting in there unless there are already some in the train when it gets to me.  I don't want to overload it with duplicates.

I bought a bunch of tiny ziplocks on Ebay just for using in seed swaps/trains. They hold 10-20 seeds well, but are a real pain to use due to their tiny size. I much prefer the 2X3" bags I usually find at Wal Mart for $1 (in the craft/bead section).

midwestchilehead said:
I bought a bunch of tiny ziplocks on Ebay just for using in seed swaps/trains. They hold 10-20 seeds well, but are a real pain to use due to their tiny size. I much prefer the 2X3" bags I usually find at Wal Mart for $1 (in the craft/bead section).
I thought I bought 1.5x3 but it turned out they were divided in half by a seam so I ended up with smaller bags, which while not the easiest to keep open while putting in seeds, it certainly cut the size of bags used down.
Scuba_Steve said:
Would it be fair to assume that a dried wild pod contains at least 5 seeds?
5. No pods or powder or one large bag of seeds not in individual packets.
While lots of baggies may take a lot of room, when people start putting in pods, that also takes more room.

That said, a wild seed pod probably contains at least 5 seeds so pop it open and drop the seeds in. :)

Hey guys, I pulled a baggie from the train marked "Chili eiccaute" but I can't find anything out by googling. Any ideas? it was loose.

Lovepeppers said:
Woohoo! I'm excited, thanks to all who contributed by spreading the love we all have here on THP!

I wish there was room in that package for me.  I would like to visit Chino again.  Use to live there in the 80's.

Back