• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Hot Wing Pizza

I want to attempt and make a pizza with wing sauce. Should I use the wing sauce in place of a tomato base sauce, or would it be better to marinate cut up chicken breast in wing sauce and then add it to the pizza as a topping :)

Thx Cap'n

Good question. I of course can't speak for ALL wing sauces, but I would say it would be better to marinate the chicken overnight in the wing sauce you want to use. The reasoning behind this is, many, if not all wing sauces have a decent amount of salt in them. If you cook the sauce in a high degree oven, you have a chance of turning the sauce very salty, hence the reason I tell everyone who uses ours NOT to boil it, as you will kill it.

Thx Guys! Marinated chicken it is! Defcon cond #2 pizza!! Of course I'll try this with other wing sauces as well. It's just that I have an open bottle of #2 that is begging for attention.... :) Now if I could just figure out how to make cheese from beer, instead of milk :lol:

living in the south i had a long time ago barbque pizza......my mind still gose back to how good it was....same concept with the bufflo chickent pizza it was a regular pizza with big chunks of bbq beef......droollllll

I have made this by combining 1/2 stick of butter with a cup or so of (I know, I know) Franks and kicking it up with Daves insanity (or favorite) in a sauce pan. While thats heating stir well. Next I pound chicken breast to an even thickenss and grill or pan fry till almost cooked thru , cube and put in sauce for another 15-20 min. If I am in a hurry I'll use the pillbury pizza dough (its not bad) or buy the dough whatever you like. I like my crust a little crunchy so I heat it up a bit first , take the dough out and coat with a layer blue cheese dressing, add the cubed chicken with sauce and top with mozzarella and a little bit more blue cheese in different spots and back in the oven till everything melts, crack a few beers and get ready to chow....
Let the pizza cool a bit other wise you'll have a flowing mess on your plate :shocked:

DEFCON Creator said:
Good question. I of course can't speak for ALL wing sauces, but I would say it would be better to marinate the chicken overnight in the wing sauce you want to use. The reasoning behind this is, many, if not all wing sauces have a decent amount of salt in them. If you cook the sauce in a high degree oven, you have a chance of turning the sauce very salty, hence the reason I tell everyone who uses ours NOT to boil it, as you will kill it.
If you marinate the chicken, you're still cooking the sauce, cuz it goes on the pizza.

Here's my recipe: Chop up two fresh habaneros. Mix or press them into your dough. Take your favorite wing sauce and mix 2/3 sauce to 1/3 olive oil. Whisk until emulsified. Spread a thin layer over the pizza dough. Top with mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes, and diced cooked chicken breast. Drizzle more of the sauce mixture over the pizza. Cook pizza.

Many peopel have written me and have done it the way I described, they liked it. I haven't tried it yet, but will eventually. We have a couple of people from Texas who use a half and half mix of #1 and tomato sauce, once again, haven't tried it myself, but it sounds good. I'm not a big tomato fan, but if it's smashed into a sauce I can deal with it. Cutting open a fresh tomato is like looking at a bunch of larvae suspended in snot.

DEFCON Creator said:
Cutting open a fresh tomato is like looking at a bunch of larvae suspended in snot.

George Carlin freaks out at fresh tomatos also....

"and all that jelly-lookin' stuff....ewwwwwww"

thehotpepper.com said:
If you marinate the chicken, you're still cooking the sauce, cuz it goes on the pizza.

Here's my recipe: Chop up two fresh habaneros. Mix or press them into your dough. Take your favorite wing sauce and mix 2/3 sauce to 1/3 olive oil. Whisk until emulsified. Spread a thin layer over the pizza dough. Top with mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes, and diced cooked chicken breast. Drizzle more of the sauce mixture over the pizza. Cook pizza.

OOooooo I didnt even think of mixing the dough with Habs I could use my dried Habs ...
Oh and make a forcaccia with just the peppers olive oil and herbs :drooling: I think I know what I am making tonight

LUCKYDOG said:
Oh and make a forcaccia with just the peppers olive oil and herbs :drooling: I think I know what I am making tonight

Me..drooling....man focaccia with peppers sounds awesome..shoot me recipe if it comes out good..!!

Lunch time today I'm taking my left over grilled pork shoulder, soaking it in E.Z. Earl's sauce (Blazin'), slicing up a bunch of serranos and making a hot pizza! I'll post pics later...I know it's not quite Hot Wing Pizza, but it's still going to be good!

I've taken tomato paste and let defcon Zero sit in it for about 3 days, then used it on my pizza...wow! NIIIICCCEEE heat.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Wow, just read this thread and now I'm frickin starved
Then don't look at the pictures below... :think: Just finished making and eating my pizza for lunch. My god was it good, E.Z. Earl, your sauce is going to be getting a very happy write up this weekend!

Here it is, Famous Passow Pizza...made E.Z...

The Naga's were not used in the pizza, they just looked too good(evil) not to show.
pizza1.jpg

Mmmm...serranos and pork shoulder...
pizza2.jpg

Finished product!
pizza3.jpg

Holy Sheeeeeeeet Mullet dude that looks awesome. Nice pix btw
Dig the "made E.Z" tag too
After reading this thread, it got me runnin for the fridge and I am in the process of making ……I guess I’ll call em…….."Spicy Buffalo Balls" Made E.Z.
Heres what I did….

1 eggs beat-up
1/4 c Milk
1/2 sleeve crumbled saltines
1/2 Onion chopped
1 Jalapeno chopped
2 ts Salt
2 ts black pepper
1 ts dry mustard
3 tbs E.Z. Earls Blazin Hot
1 Cup sharp shredded cheese
1 lb Ground Buffalo

Mix all ingredients add meat and mix.
Shape into 1" balls.
Gonna bake at about 375 degrees 20-25 minutes?
Made about 2.5 dozen.
dscn2810in9.jpg

The Spicy Buffalo Balls (Made E.Z.) came out awesome Marco, I’ll make em again and the only thing I may change is spicin up half the batch a notch or two. The heat content was perfect for my wife and that means most non pepperheads would be running for a drink and they would probably only eat one, maybe two. The flavor was frickin awesome dude. The combo of ingredients blended really well and then E.Z. wrapped it up with a nice warm tasty glow. We put the on a plate with toothpicks (

APOLOGY!!

WOW - some great recipes and comments, guys. Thanks.

I apologize for not acknowledging these sooner, but the thread ran while I was away working the Coffee Fest Show and I totally missed it.

I love the "made E.Z." tag, too. I'll have to steal that line I think. It is too good to pass up. I am toying with running a recipe contest at the Branding Iron Food site in 2007 with a monthly winner and then an annual winner with a really nice prize. What do you think of the idea :lol: - E.Z.

Back