• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hottest Chip

I am seriously working on getting a case wholesale from a friend that was involved in developing these, to share one chip each with a select group here.  I was told yes it is possible and am currently awaiting pricing and ship date.  I will post more when I get confirmation.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
giphy.gif
  :lol:
Fo sho!!!

I had no idea those were made by paqui also. The ghost pepper chips were dynamite. I wish I could find them in the Portland area.

I've had some seriously hot Habanero crisps but the only "superhot" ones I've been able to find in the UK are Blair's mostly paprika ones. Would be interested in trying those wholesale ones, assuming the shipping isn't as terrible as it could be.

Advertisement on something, maybe Facebook.  Evidently, someone is selling individually packaged tortilla chips for five bucks a chip.  Made with the Carolina Reaper, it is being marketed as the worlds hottest chip.  My god, that is more expensive than popcorn at the movie theaters.

I thought the same thing when I first saw that chip. Five bucks is crazy for one chip! But, I think for "normal people", it's more about the experience and just having fun hurting themselves. So, if you think about it that way, $5 for a fun experience with a couple of pals isn't really all that bad. 

AJ Drew said:
Advertisement on something, maybe Facebook.  Evidently, someone is selling individually packaged tortilla chips for five bucks a chip.  Made with the Carolina Reaper, it is being marketed as the worlds hottest chip.  My god, that is more expensive than popcorn at the movie theaters.
I think it's a pretty brilliant marketing idea for Paqui. With the 'one-chip challenge', lots of people making videos of them eating one and putting on YouTube, has kind of gone viral.

I have a friend that has a bunch of coworkers wanting to do the one chip challenge.  I talked her out of it.  Instead I sent her a bottle of some really hot sauce I made and suggested they make a charitable donation to a dog rescue I work with for each person that tries it.  She liked the idea.  I am hoping I get some good videos out of this, they have no idea what they are in for.

-Alden

Peter S said:
I think it's a pretty brilliant marketing idea for Paqui. With the 'one-chip challenge', lots of people making videos of them eating one and putting on YouTube, has kind of gone viral.
yes it has gone viral and it's good marketing strategy.  Hoping i can one up steven and eat more then three.

Back