• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hottest of the Hot?

I'm looking at purchasing a bottle of hot sauce... and I'm kinda stumped on what to get... I dont mind spending $30 - $40 bucks on a bottle.

I've tried Pyrodiablo... what a fun 35minutes that was. The bottle is basicaly for show, and for the tough guys I know who think they can handle the 'real hot stuff' ... just like I thought I could... :roll:

Is Blair's 3AM best for the price?

Someone please enlighten me... thanks, in advance!

Jamie

if your intrested i have a bottle of blair 3am (opened) that i would be willing to sell to you cheaper than a unopened bottle. there are alot of people here that can zero in on a good price so i dont over price it. very little used i could send you a pic of it.
let me know

That could be worth looking into... How much is left in the bottle?

And is this stuff hotter than Pyrodiablo? Thats really the only relevant sauce I can compare too... since I havent had the golden oppurtunity to try the rest.

Someone school me.

However, Bubba... just let me know in due time, thanks.

Jamie -

Pyrodiablo has been tested at around 1,500,000 scoville units. There are at least 10 "sauces" on the market that are just as hot or hotter, however some cost much much more then $30-$40.

Blair's 3AM typically costs betwen $35 ~ $40 and rates at 1,500,000 to 2,000,000 Scoville Units

Da' Bomb Final Answer typically costs betwen $35 ~ $40 and rates at 1,500,000 Scoville Units

Much cheaper, but not quite as hot would be Mad Dog's Revenge which shouldn't cost more then $20 and clocks in at 1,000,000 Scoville Units

I love Blair's but I would recommend you keep Blair's 3AM for a collection and save yourself the headache of trying to open the bottle, the wax on top is a pain in the a@@ to get through.

Here's a list of the Hottest Hot Sauces

Consider yourself schooled :)

sweatnspice said:
Jamie -

Pyrodiablo has been tested at around 1,500,000 scoville units. There are at least 10 "sauces" on the market that are just as hot or hotter, however some cost much much more then $30-$40.

Blair's 3AM typically costs betwen $35 ~ $40 and rates at 1,500,000 to 2,000,000 Scoville Units

Da' Bomb Final Answer typically costs betwen $35 ~ $40 and rates at 1,500,000 Scoville Units

Much cheaper, but not quite as hot would be Mad Dog's Revenge which shouldn't cost more then $20 and clocks in at 1,000,000 Scoville Units

I love Blair's but I would recommend you keep Blair's 3AM for a collection and save yourself the headache of trying to open the bottle, the wax on top is a pain in the a@@ to get through.

Here's a list of the Hottest Hot Sauces

Consider yourself schooled :)

HEY! He ain't edumacated yet! None of MY sauces are on that list! And we make Dave's insanity taste like Tabasco!

BTW, Are those all official scovie ratings, Sweat? We're wonding how key it is to be tested... and I might add, curious about the cost.

T

There are a few places to send your sauces to to have them tested for Scoville units. Unless of course, you want to invest in a spectral chromatograph and do it yourself.

DEFCON Creator said:
There are a few places to send your sauces to to have them tested for Scoville units. Unless of course, you want to invest in a spectral chromatograph and do it yourself.

Talk to me.

T

Yes - Offical ratings - You can send your sauces to be tested, last I checked it runs about $500 per testing - spendy that's for sure.

Agreed, Sweat, very pricey. However, it does beat the cost of a spectral chromatograph, which runs about $20,000 even used. I do believe the Fiery Foods site has information regarding where to send it. I used to speak to a gentleman on that site via e-mail regarding this and other related stuff, he went by the name of Chromtec. He stated he worked in a lab which creates the capsaicin bear repellent.

Jamie said:

And is this stuff hotter than Pyrodiablo? Thats really the only relevant sauce I can compare too... since I havent had the golden oppurtunity to try the rest.

Someone school me.

only about 10 drops out of the bottle...the wax is off i can send you a pic if you want..your call

bubbaschili said:
Jamie said:

Someone school me.

only about 10 drops out of the bottle...the wax is off i can send you a pic if you want..your call

Yea, would yous end me a pic bubba, that'd be great!

Thanks for the rest of knowledge from the rest... I think I'm going to try this Blair's 3AM.

Also, bubba... what are you asking?

Jamie said:
bubbaschili said:
Jamie said:

Someone school me.

Yea, would yous end me a pic bubba, that'd be great!

Thanks for the rest of knowledge from the rest... I think I'm going to try this Blair's 3AM.

Also, bubba... what are you asking?

Pssst.. Bubba...

here's your opportunity to pay for that trip to Montreal to set up my chili cookoff man... :)

sweatnspice said:
Yes - Offical ratings - You can send your sauces to be tested, last I checked it runs about $500 per testing - spendy that's for sure.

$500??? :shock:

Can't I just say they're really, really, really hot?

Camoly... ya know I think that the surprise that people get over how hot my stuff actually is, is worth not having the ratings. :)

T

Ahh.. too late, I just placed the order about an hour ago.

Decided to buy it brand new instead.

Thanks, anways Bubba... for the generous offer, I'm just an impatient 21 year old, hah!

Jamie said:
Ahh.. too late, I just placed the order about an hour ago.

Decided to buy it brand new instead.

Thanks, anways Bubba... for the generous offer, I'm just an impatient 21 year old, hah!

Dang, and I was hoping Bubba would make enough for the trip. ;)

sorry guys and gals i work 7 days a week and this was the first time i got a chance to check the board in 3 days.
hope you enjoy your sauce.

bubbaschili said:
sorry guys and gals i work 7 days a week and this was the first time i got a chance to check the board in 3 days.
hope you enjoy your sauce.

Yea, I'm sure I will. Thanks again for the offer.
Like I said though, I'm impatient... not my finest trait.

Also, I ordered it priority, how long does that usualy take? Take into account I'm in Canada, and I do believe this is coming from the States... anyone have a clue?

Back