• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hottest "retail" sauce out there? (NOT pure Capsai

Hottest "retail" sauce out there HANDS DOWN?

I want the hottest without going the pure capsaicin route. Can you guys agree on one?

Please post a LINK to this sauce. Thanks :P

Off-hand I'll give you several sauces to choose from...

* Our Goat Pepper (Hurricane) Mash,

* Mild to Wild's Red Savina Mash (does he sell this in small quantities?),

* Mike's Hotternell Magma,

* Cajohn's new Select Habanero Puree

or (This one's for you, Marv)

* Cajohn's new Select Fatalli Puree.

All of these sauces are made with fresh peppers and they're all over 90% pure peppers; which is what makes them mash. Not to be confused with fermented pepper mashes that are commercially available. (And also the reason that Cajohn calls his a "Puree". Another difference, one from the other that I noticed is the texture of the peppers in the jars. They range from a fine pulp (the Purees) to a chunkier pulp (Hurricane).

I personally prefer the citrus flavour of the Hurricane Mash, (the others all use vinegar) but that's personal preference. I am not crazy about the taste of the Fatalli (sorry John) although our own Fatalliman, aka Marv will LOVE this one. all of these mashes are made with fresh peppers and are processed in a similar fashion (if not identical) and they will assuredly score at the top of the natural pepper heat scales.

Hottest Sauce without going PURE CAPSICUM... Hmmm.... There's a ton of capsicum based sauces out there that are far from pure cap. I think there should be a new rating system for hot sauces. 1-10 being NATURAL pepper sauces and 11-100 being pecentage of capsicum in the sauces. That being said, a sauce mixed with only fifty percent of PURE 100% CAPSAICIN POWDER would still only come in at at 50 out of 100. My Con Diablo is a capsicum based habanero sauce that is unbearable, and it would rate only around 20. Not much flavour, but HOT? Send you straight to hell.... :-)

There are so many flavourful hot sauces out there. Personally, I like a nice, clean, straight up sauce, not masked by a lot of 'other' flavours. Vinegar or my fave, lime juice. Don't forget, we also have to keep the sauces from spoiling. I absolutely love the habanero mash and lime juice with lime flavoured Tostitos. Mmmmmmmmm!!

Oh, and then we can get into powder based sauces that can get pretty toasty without adding any oleoresin. I still like the taste of mash over powder though. I gotta tell ya, when I think of Peppermaster's Hurricane mash, I drool. They have it down! I order Defcon's sauces on a regular basis too. It's great on my cereal. I also have my line of sauces, but I absolutely love hot sauces, so I don't restrict myself to my own.

I have some real sneaky sauces..... :-) Blueberry, Raspberry, Tropical fruit..... sneak up and smack you in the head... LOL!

Hey, I even have my Screamin' Meemies Kemptville Redneck Sauce. It was a joke that took off. It's the MILDEST hot sauce out there. 100% pure ketchup. My redneck kinfolk can't handle anything hotter than that, so I named it for them.... All profits from the sale of that one go to SIDS research (sudden infant death syndrome) in honour of friends that lost their newborn to it a few years ago. They live in Kemptville and this sauce gave them a good giggle, so I opened it up to the public. It's a big hit to some of our Canuck soldiers in Afghanistan.

Enjoy,
Mike

Sorry Mike, but the COn Diablo could be hotter for some of us! :lol: I liked it a lot.

Maybe you should get some Final Answer. It's plenty hot and tastes terrible.

Back