• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hottest sauce/extract you've ever tried under $40

Okay, after further testing, I've decided it's simply not as hot as a 2 Million SU should be. I posted this in my other topic, so I'm just going to paste what I wrote:

In other news, I got my Wanza's Wicked Temptation sauce today. It boasts 2 Million SU, but I think it has to be exaggerating, OR the inactive ingredients have caused it to lose heat.

From the website:

A combination of pepper extracts that total over 2 million Scoville Heat Units blended with Red Savina (R) Habaneros to make this sauce one of the hottest available. Wanza hides her fire behind a complex personality. Starting with smoldering heat and building to an inferno that makes her irresistible!
Heat Scale: 10
Scoville Units: 2,000,000+
Size: 5 fl. Oz.
Ingredients: Vinegar, Habanero Peppers, Oil of Capcaisin, Tomatoes, Mustard (Vinegar, Water, #1 Grade Mustard Seed, Salt, Tumeric, Paprika, Spices), Papaya, Guava, Pineapple, Banana, Water, Sugar, Passion Fruit Juice, Guava Juice.

That's a LOT of ingredients for hot sauce haha. So yeah my assumption is that the inactives toned it down. Also they state it's made from peppers with a combined SU count of 2,000,000 so that could mean that the peppers used are all of lesser heat.

Anyway, yeah it's not as firy as I thought it would be. I still can't put my finger on how it tastes, it's kind of a rough taste to be honest. Ah well, for 7 bucks what do you want lol.

---------

Anyway, the site is great for ordering sauces though, my order came next day and I only paid for the 3 day shipping which was 6 bucks I think? Their web address is www.sweatnspice.com

The way I read that is that the extract or combination of extracts used is the 2mil part and then that is mixed with the vinegar, habs, etc. So the extract may be 2mil but the sauce as a whole is not. Same thing with his Z sauce. It say made with 4mil extract but the sauce is not nearly that hot. I was trying to be nice about the sauce, but I really don't care for the taste of that one. Love almost every other thing I've bought from CaJohn but not that one. It just burns and kind of has a nasty extract taste. I do like his Black Mamba though which is hotter, but to me tastes better. Maybe I'm nuts. What ever happened to Shawn Martin anyway?

Okay final little tidbit about the Wanza Wicked. Got a stomach ache after eating about 8 drops worth mixed with a teaspoon of Texas Pete. So yeah, I guess I got what I paid for. It's not even that hot really. Finally found the taste, it's a smoldery coal type taste, you can't even detect all of that 8 different fruit juices he put in there haha. I tried to give this stuff a chance, but to no avail.

coyotemoon722 said:
Okay final little tidbit about the Wanza Wicked. Got a stomach ache after eating about 8 drops worth mixed with a teaspoon of Texas Pete. So yeah, I guess I got what I paid for. It's not even that hot really. Finally found the taste, it's a smoldery coal type taste, you can't even detect all of that 8 different fruit juices he put in there haha. I tried to give this stuff a chance, but to no avail.

I'm not sure if you've tried his Lethal Ingestion.(Cajohn makes it.) That stuffs got a pretty good kick to it and actually tastes good. Put a ton of it on a soft taco or something and you'll get a nice endorphin rush. Sneaks up on you and hits you like a ton of bricks. Pretty good stuff.

coyotemoon722 said:

Thats the stomach ache I was talking about in your welcome thread -- its gets pretty rough -- Metallic

the DM MKII is the Hottest ive had by far (so far)

don't recommend a Tablespoon of it straight though, seriously

think i burnt a new digestive tract, and demons are doing little dances in my intestines at the moment

rabbit said:
I'm not sure if you've tried his Lethal Ingestion.(Cajohn makes it.) That stuffs got a pretty good kick to it and actually tastes good. Put a ton of it on a soft taco or something and you'll get a nice endorphin rush. Sneaks up on you and hits you like a ton of bricks. Pretty good stuff.

The Lethal Ingestion - while reasonably hot, and tastes good - is not by any stretch of the imagination worth the price tag. I didn't think it was ANY hotter than the 10, and the taste was similar.

theHippySeedCo said:

think i burnt a new digestive tract, and demons are doing little dances in my intestines at the moment

Nice! Wait until you try the ZERO, completely different, and much hotter. Best part is absolutely NO electrical machines were used in any procedural step in its creation. 100% natural and 100% evil.

klyth said:
The Lethal Ingestion - while reasonably hot, and tastes good - is not by any stretch of the imagination worth the price tag. I didn't think it was ANY hotter than the 10, and the taste was similar.

I thought it tasted alot different than the Cajohn 10. The Cajohn has a mustard taste and the Lethal Ingestion has just the pepper taste. I kind of like not having all of the stuff to confuse it sometimes. In small amounts it's not that hot, but if you really douse it on your taco it'll take you for a suprise. Yes, it is pricey though. It actually went up quite a bit more from the price I bought it at. What's it at now?

theHippySeedCo said:

I'm going to be ordering some of that stuff as soon as I get a chance. This is getting me excited!!:hell::lol:

rabbit said:
I thought it tasted alot different than the Cajohn 10. The Cajohn has a mustard taste and the Lethal Ingestion has just the pepper taste. I kind of like not having all of the stuff to confuse it sometimes. In small amounts it's not that hot, but if you really douse it on your taco it'll take you for a suprise. Yes, it is pricey though. It actually went up quite a bit more from the price I bought it at. What's it at now?

I paid $25 I think. I was taste-testing a bunch of sauces at the same time, so the subtleties could have been lost on me at that point. I agree that the LI is a little more peppery, while the 10 is more fatalii...ey... But still, similar enough. The same ingredients, too. Fatalii, Bhut powder, Savinas...

klyth said:
I paid $25 I think. I was taste-testing a bunch of sauces at the same time, so the subtleties could have been lost on me at that point. I agree that the LI is a little more peppery, while the 10 is more fatalii...ey... But still, similar enough. The same ingredients, too. Fatalii, Bhut powder, Savinas...

That's true on the ingredients there. I didn't pay 25 dollars for the LI though. I think it was 15ish. I agree that 25 is a bit too much though.

klyth said:
There's a bottle of Zero (I think) at my local shop, for $250. It might be MKIII. I can't remember.

Hi Klyth. The DM MKII has nothing to do with the ZERO releases. The ZERO releases are unique. The 1st two versions (Batch #1 and Batch #2) were kind of the same, but the Batch #2 came in a laser-etched box. The Batch #3 was an Erlenmyer flask that glowed in the dark under a glass dome and wooden base and the Batch #4 was a centrifuge tube under a glass dome on a wooden base. The Batch #1's have been sold at private auctions for over $500, pretty cool.

DEFCON Creator said:
Hi Klyth. The DM MKII has nothing to do with the ZERO releases. The ZERO releases are unique. The 1st two versions (Batch #1 and Batch #2) were kind of the same, but the Batch #2 came in a laser-etched box. The Batch #3 was an Erlenmyer flask that glowed in the dark under a glass dome and wooden base and the Batch #4 was a centrifuge tube under a glass dome on a wooden base. The Batch #1's have been sold at private auctions for over $500, pretty cool.

Ah, in that case, I'm pretty sure it is a ZERO, batch 3.

Buddah said:
Got a question for all you extractheads. Everytime I consume an extract I get hit in the gut despite the fact the heat doesn't even overwhelm me. It doesn't even hit right away either. Maybe 15-30 minutes later. I had Lethal Ingestion and that stuff hit me at least 30 minutes after consuming a lot of it. The tummy pain lasted about an hour once it started. So my question to you guys is, is there a way to coat your stomach ahead of time to avoid that gutwrenching effect?

Same here I cant hack extract or MSG's, also certain apple based vinegars tear me up. I try to avoid those products as much as I can.

Buddah said:
Got a question for all you extractheads. Everytime I consume an extract I get hit in the gut despite the fact the heat doesn't even overwhelm me. It doesn't even hit right away either. Maybe 15-30 minutes later. I had Lethal Ingestion and that stuff hit me at least 30 minutes after consuming a lot of it. The tummy pain lasted about an hour once it started. So my question to you guys is, is there a way to coat your stomach ahead of time to avoid that gutwrenching effect?

I thought Lethal Ingestion was extract free? Sometimes I'm the same way with extreme hot. However, it's not my stomach that bothers me. Just the 5 minutes before I go poo. For some reason when the extreme heat heats close to down there I have to go.......NOW..........then ring of fire.....:lol:. I have to REALLY overdue it for that though.

Back