• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Houston hydroponic?

So I know I am getting a late start but do you think I can go from seed to mature plants with whats left in my season with a deep well hydro system?

when does it drop below 55 there?

I just put a plant in DWC deep water culture the other day outside and its only 1 1/4 feet tall. I will just pull it inside and put it next to the window after it gets to cold here in Maine.

are you using DWC? like 5 gallon buckets?

I was gonna go 5 or 3.5 gallon does it really get that hot? So should I just give it a couple hours of sunlight?
And I would say depending on the year we have till mid to late november on those temps Iu

what color is your bucket? I'm going to check my water temp here when I get home, I don't think my bucket gets that hot, but im in a different environment.

the other option is possibly painting your bucket white? might reflect enough?

i use a 32 gallon brute trashcan as a dripper res. its grey and shaded 100% of the time.

id say try it, DWC is so dirt cheep if it fails... oops you are out like 20 bucks. keep in mind tho white buckets let in light in direct sunlight... just take one outside and jam your head in it and look at the sun. so yea i would buy a roll of reflectix or something.

edit: typo

if you want my opinion i would buy something like the GH maxigrow/bloom series or the ubiquitous GH 3 part series, then supplement from there.
if you have a chemistry backround, just buy raw salts imo

I think you will prob have better luck at a hydro shop since HD or lowes don't really do anything for hydro except carry buckets and maybe some airline tubing.

pulling a harvest depends on what variety you're growing. some just take longer to finish, whether in hydroponics or not

id definitely check with a hydro store for your nutrients.
i went up to texas hydroponics on rusk st. and had a bad experience with them trying to push expensive nutrients on me when i went up there for specific things, they even tried to sell me expired mycorrhizae. when i told them it is a living product and was expired for over a year and probably dead they just looked at me like uhhhh and said "yea, well its half off. pretty good deal man"

if you're going to order online check http://www.atlantishydroponics.com/ or give em a call. they'll be happy to answer your questions and they have great prices. i used to shop there all the time. they'll always get my business

good luck!

You can definitely do annuums (such as jalapenos, serranos, cayennes) this year and still get a harvest. Houston is hot long enough for that. For other varieties, look for days to maturity on the specific type, and go from there. If you have the option to bring them indoors, that's a ++ for you.

Back