• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How are we looking?

First and foremost, here are some pictures --

http://imgur.com/a/n1bLK#0

Top image is general setup. What you see is a 350w LED light and, to the left, a blade-less tower fan.

Didn't really know of the best way to take any pictures, so hopefully the bottom two pictures give a general idea. Not sure when I started, but these plants are pretty young. What you see is a mix of red bhut, yellow bhut, fatali, regular hab, chocolate hab, and one trinidad douglah. The middle image shows one half of my crop, the bottom the other. From the middle picture, two of my plants, a regular hab and fatali (front two, second column), seem to be on roids compared to everything else. These two have roots coming out of the drainage holes in the solo cups. Should I do anything about this? Was planning on keeping everything in solo cups until I can get some 5 gallon fabric pots ordered to plant out in May.

Otherwise, how does everything else look? To me, things look good, but this is my first year so I want other opinions. Growth seems to have slowed down quite a bit from the beginning stages, which I think is normal, but at this rate I think the plants will still be too small to move outside in May. Would you recommend some bone meal or any other fert at this point?

Another quick note, I'm practically out of grow room, so I move the cups around every couple of days so the ones near the edges get some of that sweet center spotlight. Was also a little worried because all my red bhuts have a purplish tint to their leaves. Yellow bhuts didn't have this, so at first I assumed light burn, but none of the other plants seem to mind. Chalking this up as normal coloring...

The chocolate habs and douglah just sprouted, as evident from the bottom image. Douglah (that tiny thing just visible in the back row) has been out for a little while longer compared to the chocolate habs, but is much tinier. I fear I may have pulled him from the propagator too early, but he looks to be setting some new leaves, so I hope all is good.

So yeah, how are things looking for me? Any tips or advice? Going forward, I should probably start a glog...

Your setup / plants look great, here are some suggestions

1. leave them in solo cups, they are just fine let the roots do whatever they want.

2. they are fine and will only grow so fast, You can fert them every 2 weeks(~ every 4-5 waterings) with a 50% diluted fert solution(compost tea, Fish emulsion, dynagrow pro foliage, miracle grow plant food, tomato tone are good options).

3. you can wrap the shelf in some sort of reflective material(mylar, alum foil, reflectix). cuts on the loss of light and edge plants will be just as happy as middle plants.

4. They will grow thicker / stronger stems if you get a small oscillating fan (highly recommended). (put the reflective material on 3 sides, fan blows in on 4th side).

OKG pretty much covered it all. The only thing I'd add is that the light may be a tad on the close side. I'm running a 180w led with UV and had noticed that my plants would experience a bit of sun scald when I had my light as close as that. I'm currently running it about 7" or so away from the young plants.

Neil

Blister said:
OKG pretty much covered it all. The only thing I'd add is that the light may be a tad on the close side. I'm running a 180w led with UV and had noticed that my plants would experience a bit of sun scald when I had my light as close as that. I'm currently running it about 7" or so away from the young plants.

Neil

Hmm... none of my plants are showing any burn outside of the one day where I had them even closer than pictured. I'll look into getting some mylar or something for the edges though.

Back