• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How can I stop a plant from growing/producing

Kind of the opposite of what people normally ask I guess, but is there any way that I can make a plant stop producing new pods and just focus on ripening the pods it has now? I am growing in coco so cal mag is basically a must for me.

Thanks!

Agreed. Cut everything that doesn't have a pod you want to ripen on it. Other than that, there's no stopping them.

Pac_Heat507 said:
Kind of the opposite of what people normally ask I guess, but is there any way that I can make a plant stop producing new pods and just focus on ripening the pods it has now? I am growing in coco so cal mag is basically a must for me.

Thanks!
So what's the point of gardening then!

If a pod is fully mature it will ripen off the plant. The ripening stage from what ive read here doesn't apply losd to the plant.

jedisushi06 said:
So what's the point of gardening then!

basically want to get the pods on the plant mature and then either toss it or give it away. I can only have a limited number of plants at any one time and I have to make room for a peach ghost scorpion and a moruga..

Pac_Heat507 said:

basically want to get the pods on the plant mature and then either toss it or give it away. I can only have a limited number of plants at any one time and I have to make room for a peach ghost scorpion and a moruga..
Still confused, just cut it down then. Problem solved.

jedisushi06 said:
Still confused, just cut it down then. Problem solved.

yeah problem is i can't bring myself to cut them down with pods on them, so I wanted to wait until the pods are ripe, pick them and then cut the plant ..

thanks, Im going to stop feeding the plant, just giving it light doses of cal mag because it is in coco and want to avoid BER.

Back