• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How cool is this...

My partner bought a dried chilli home yesterday from a guy at work. His wife smuggled some seeds back from Thailand to grow some chilli plants. They grew 4 plants and one of the four produces double chillies on every flower. The other plants just grow normally.
I personally have not seen this before, has anyone else?

IMG_4006.jpg

Thats pretty nifty, have never seen. Be interesting to keep seeds and see if the next generation of that plant possesses the same quality.

yep plan on doing that! I have also asked Adam to ask his work mate that if we swap some chilli or sauces if he will let me take some clones.
I would love to see the whole plant! It would've been even better if it was a superhot! Twice as much fun!
I'm interested in hearing how many people may have seen this and if they have if it happened on every flower or just one. :think:

eye, the mcdermott's are eyeing the 2 leaf pepper, when the both of them are involved you know somethings up... trying to edge out the pepperchauns, what pot of gold awaits? golden ceyenne perhaps?

........oh yah, cool pepper and cooler plant for doing that.

That is very cool, Candice!

If they do not want to over-winter the plant, might be something to look at as a way to get ahold of the plant.

Are they chilli growers for business or just chilli-heads?

I have seen peppers do this before BUT not on EVERY flower! I want proof that every flower does this pretty please :D

If i got a pepper plant like that I would have it on life support taking tons of cuttings lol. Keeping the clones alive until a stable cross could be produced via seed. Hell, maybe the double pepper gene is dominant and you could cross it with other peppers to make double bhut jolokias and habs and stuff.

If i got a pepper plant like that I would have it on life support taking tons of cuttings lol. Keeping the clones alive until a stable cross could be produced via seed. Hell, maybe the double pepper gene is dominant and you could cross it with other peppers to make double bhut jolokias and habs and stuff.

It's not my plant and we don't really know the people so fingers crossed that they allow me to.
That would be awesome for double Bhuts and Scorpions :hell:

I have a pic of a pod (tabasco from memory) that did this on one of my plants. I will post it on monday :P

... and yet, somehow I can see someone crossing this trait into one of the more bulbous pepper varieties to make a feminine counterpart to the Peter Pepper.

Back