• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How did you pick your username?

So as I surf this site on a daily basis, I often wonder how some of the members pick their usernames. Now I can see the more comical ones, such as Hot Pooper (good one by the way) is pretty self explanatory. If any of you want to share your methodology, please do so. I guess I'll start. KCSO53 is the Sheriff's Office that I work for and 53 is my badge number. There are a lot of cool ones on here so please for the fun of it, share.

Mine came from a bottle of sparkling mineral water that was sitting next to the computer when I signed up. ;)

It's Spanish for aerated/carbonated I think.

Im from Newcastle and have always tried to use the same username. The proper spelling is NOVOcastrian but that sounds too much like HOMO for my liking.

Haaaaa very funny Novacastrian. Ya know, this is the kind of shit that makes my wife wonder why she's with me. Some of the stuff I read on these posts make me laugh my arse off and my wife sits here and looks at me like I'm the one with issues. She obviously does not read some of this stuff.

Toward the end of a night of boozing(back in the day) my friend tries to pick up a couple of girls using false names while I used the restroom. When I returned he was suave, cool Rick Reid......I was John J freakin' Burfurkle. I went home alone that night.

Toward the end of a night of boozing(back in the day) my friend tries to pick up a couple of girls using false names while I used the restroom. When I returned he was suave, cool Rick Reid......I was John J freakin' Burfurkle. I went home alone that night.

:rofl: My mate and myself once had these chicks convinced we were fighter pilots.. bwahahahaha

logchief, short for Logistics Section Chief on a national wildland fire and emergency incident management team. My last year after 40 fire seasons.

:woohoo: Retiring in 7 months

Well, I am the Guerilla Chef---the OG---Original Guerilla. Guerilla Chef is the name of the blog I've been writing almost two years now. It's a cooking blog and I came up with that name because when I cook, it's totally irregular, hence "Guerilla". I don't use measuring spoons or cups, my idea of "fusion" cuisine is "Hey, I have some Habaneros---I think I'll add them to the hummus!", and I like to find foods that are kind of off-the-wall. Plus, I admire guerillas, so there is that, too.

i had been watching the forum since at least 2004/5, but i am not the type to just join a forum so when i got packaged off, i thought i would join since i had so much time on my hands, with a small amount of alcohol involved i decided to join, then as i watched all the names at the time, i picked mine.....where was alabama jack, potwie, jayt, or any of the others at the time, they must have been on holidays. there were all sorts of burn'em names so i picked mine. if it wasn't for the booze, i would be mbecker like all my other names. hick!

Back