• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how do i fix this...?

okay, so i was watering my manzano the other day and all kinds of aphids or white bugs started flying off of it... so then, i decided to spray some bayer stuff on it... but now, a couple of days later, it looks like this... i didn't water this weekend... to be honest, i water every day... LOL... it's in a 15g pot... it's in kellog patio plus with a bunch of perlite added...

anyways...

my red manzano looks like this...

Photo0264.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

under leaf it has like crusty little bumps and black spots only on the bottom though...

Photo0263.jpg

my yellow manzano is younger, but it's being shaded... now it makes me think that it's the sun because it looks like this...

Photo0266.jpg

anyways... it's dropping flowers, they're browning out, is it the bugs..? it's always been kinda yellowish looking...

and now, lets look at my yellow fatali and white habs... they're doing a weird leaf clump thingy... i think my red bhut is too...

yellow fatali, it's not that yellow in person...
Photo0265.jpg

what's going on there...? you see that some leaves are shaped weird...? like it has a cleft leaf... LOL...

thx...

just compareing your pics to others ive seen lately, the red manzano looks like burn from what ever you sprayed it with.. did you do that during the day while the sun was shining?

the other pics look like aphid damage..

get some lady bugs, or try spraying with 2% ivory soap and water, or neem oil..

i think i was over watering... now my plant looks green after giving it two days of no water...LOL...

now, my fatali, white hab, bhut, and red habs still have this weird leaf thing... my neighbor's fatali does too... what's up with this..?

Photo02721.jpg

Photo02711.jpg

i can aphids cause this...?

thanks for the replies guys...

yes...aphids can cause that..

if you approach your plant after not touching it for a day.. and you gently shake it.... do a bunch of white bugs fly off it?

if so that could be and infestation of white flys.. the bayer stuff you used could work, just be careful you dont burn them..

no way... um... i'm gonna go shake it real quick... i'll spray it again at night if bugs fly off and stuff... thx...

okay, i shook it... all i found were a couple of white flys... FML... so i'm gonna spray it up again tonight... now i think i'm going to spray every month or so... i have a bunch of sevindust, but it's to messy... this bayer stuff is coo...

so should i spray every month, or every week...? i don't care about pesticides or non organic stuff... LOL...

IMHO you may do more damage to plants with insecticides than the white flies do! They have such a short life cycle and reproduce so fast that you can't 'kill' them with poison fast enough as they have already laid their eggs. Spray with insecticidal soap! A weak solution of Murphy's, Ivory flake or dish or an olive oil soap. Spray the top and bottom of the leaves and the top of the soil (and any plants in the surrounding area). In a few days they will be gone.
Keep your guard up and repeat as necessary. This will not kill Ladybugs - they are your biggest ally! I am fortunate to have them in abundance and I swear it is because I refuse to use pesticides! FWIW.

neem oil is another lady bug safe oil that works on aphids and white flys, and thier eggs..

you can also get lady bugs on amazon..

i bought 1500 for 8$... they ate every bug on my plants.. if you spray them with coca cola and water, they get sticky and they cant use thier wings, so they just hang out eating everything and laying eggs.. the larvae eat more aphids and bugs than the ladies them selves..

but you need to wait 2 weeks after spraying before you apply lady bugs..

the soap and oil thing has been around for a 100s of years. it works..

Back