• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

how i know i'm obsessed...

Well, i was at my local nursery to see if they had anything good to pick up. All they had were some healthy cayenne plants. I was having a good look at them anyway when i found a pod on the tray, it had been pulled off one of the plants and bitten in half by someone and discarded. I saw it, pick it up... and couldn't put it down.. i was thinking to myself, on one side, you are nuts, you're stealing a half eaten chilli for seeds, then on the other its going to waste, and you have seeds! i then calmly went inside, and bought some nitrophoska blue and went on my merry way!

You know that you have a problem when you actually rip pods of the plants to get the seeds... I've seen people actually cutting branches of plants in stores and putting in their pockets. Many people here in Sweden say that cuttings work best if they are stolen...

MrArboc said:
You know that you have a problem when you actually rip pods of the plants to get the seeds... I've seen people actually cutting branches of plants in stores and putting in their pockets. Many people here in Sweden say that cuttings work best if they are stolen...

:rofl:

MrArboc said:

Sad thing is, i go past a chilli farm on the way to work everyday, and contemplate jumping the fence for just that.

Grimus said:
Sad thing is, i go past a chilli farm on the way to work everyday, and contemplate jumping the fence for just that.

some day when you're coming home at night from the pub.............the temptations will be too much to resist!

What does the farm do with the chillis? are they a mass producer for marketing or just a small farm?

salsalady said:
some day when you're coming home at night from the pub.............the temptations will be too much to resist!

What does the farm do with the chillis? are they a mass producer for marketing or just a small farm?

hahaha you're right there salsalady. its a farm of about 6 or 7 acres or so, may be bigger. has assorted vegies and a heap of chillies. it seems to be a small outfit, to sell at markets i guess.

heh heh!
great thread, my late Mother used to go to garden centres & take cuttings &pop them into her bag!i've even been known to pluck a pod or two off a plant for lunch.well, it's not as if they're gonna be missed!

cherrybomb said:
heh heh!
great thread, my late Mother used to go to garden centres & take cuttings &pop them into her bag!i've even been known to pluck a pod or two off a plant for lunch.well, it's not as if they're gonna be missed!

That's what i kept telling myself lol... its ok, it was going to die on the tray, all by itself... i saved it!! haha i think i have issues..

Grimus said:
That's what i kept telling myself lol... its ok, it was going to die on the tray, all by itself... i saved it!! haha i think i have issues..

Bad issues, man! :lol: ...so you fit right in here!

Tell us when you've given in to the DarkSide! Or just drive in and offer them a couple bucks to pick a few peppers>>> It's a little better karma that way I suppose. Saving the 1/2 pod from the dirt? that's a Rescue in my book :)

Skydiver said:
I hope you washed your hands after picking up that pod.
Seriously, that's gross.

Hahaha, that coming from a dude that gets random *acts* of kindness performed to oneself by an unknown individual in a carpark!! :rofl:

Novacastrian said:
Hahaha, that coming from a dude that gets random *acts* of kindness performed to oneself by an unknown individual in a carpark!! :rofl:

WWWHHHHHAAAATTT? Skydiver is really Tiger Woods???????????????????/

Who Knew!

Hahaha, that coming from a dude that gets random *acts* of kindness performed to oneself by an unknown individual in a carpark!!
I know, funny how I can forget my spit phobia when it's my junk and some chick from the grocery store involved, but touching random person's spit freaks me out. :crazy: I did jump in the shower when I got home, though.
Is a carpark some kind of slang for parking lot?

But yeah, I'm scared of saliva. I can handle the thought of poo or pee or blood or bile straight from a drainage tube, but spit is f'ing nasty.

Skydiver said:
I know, funny how I can forget my spit phobia when it's my junk and some chick from the grocery store involved, but touching random person's spit freaks me out. :crazy: I did jump in the shower when I got home, though.
Is a carpark some kind of slang for parking lot?

But yeah, I'm scared of saliva. I can handle the thought of poo or pee or blood or bile straight from a drainage tube, but spit is f'ing nasty.
Fair enough skydiver, it really gets to me when people spit on the ground. but in this case there wasn't any sign of someones spit on it, and the urge to have the seeds was strong.

salsalady said:
Tell us when you've given in to the DarkSide! Or just drive in and offer them a couple bucks to pick a few peppers>>> It's a little better karma that way I suppose. Saving the 1/2 pod from the dirt? that's a Rescue in my book :)

I might leave it for a couple more days, there are plants in an adjacent field to the ones i've been eyeing up, that look nagaish. but haven't had a good chance to have a look. maybe kill two birds with one stone lol. in the end i don't think i can take them, had a hard enough time talking myself into taking that damn half pod destined to rot in the trash.

well then, mi amigo, listen to the heart and maybe do the drive up option. Keep it good~~~

heck, I'm thinking as a processor and I'd be right there asking for "first rights" to the field!

Back