• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How in the world did this happen?

hogleg said:
After the umpteenth beef you've had on THP have you ever stopped to think it might be you? You're shit is getting old S7
You're absolutely right. I'm sorry.

My apologies to NECM and USMC Mike.

solid7 said:

I too apologize for any indiscretion on my part. Going forward I hope we can understand others have had success using methods we're not familiar with or may not seem to be scientifically feasible.

NECM

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
I too apologize for any indiscretion on my part. Going forward I hope we can understand others have had success using methods we're not familiar with or may not seem to be scientifically feasible.

NECM
I didn't know that was even the issue, because I was and am, genuinely interested in how it works. So much so, that I actually made 10 seed starts for the experiment. (5 control in the known good mix, and 5 for the mix mentioned in this thread) My life would be so much easier if I could actually grow in a mix of coco and compost. I have copious amounts of both, at all times.

You actually thought that I was breaking the guy's balls? (I wasn't)

solid7 said:

No problem here, man. Water under the bridge, as far as I'm concerned. I'm also looking forward to learning from each other and helping each other out in the future.

No need to rehash what was said earlier (I already said my piece), but you should know that I really do admire your knowledge as a grower, solid7. You really do seem to know your shit, and can definitely hold your own in a debate, and make some very good, valid points a lot of the time. I'm eager to see the new and improved "2.0 version" ;)

Actually, I took some of your advice the other day, and made the switch from DynaGro to CNS17 (3-1-2) for this year's grow. Hopefully that'll address DynaGro's calcium "clumping" issues in the bottom of the bottle. Plus, I got 2.5 gallons of CNS17 for less than the price of one gallon of DynaGro, so that was sort of a no brainer.

Wish me luck
:cheers:

Mike

MikeUSMC said:
and made the switch from DynaGro to CNS17 (3-1-2) for this year's grow. Hopefully that'll address DynaGro's calcium "clumping" issues in the bottom of the bottle. Plus, I got 2.5 gallons of CNS17 for less than the price of one gallon of DynaGro, so that was sort of a no brainer.

As you know I had the same issue with Dyna-Gro and wonder if it's "age" or "old stock" problem?

Where'd you get the CNS17?

Yeah, there's no way to tell how "fresh" the ferts are when you order online. I'm wondering if I got "old" stuff delivered to me the past couple of years

I got the CNS17 on Amazon

MikeUSMC said:
Yeah, there's no way to tell how "fresh" the ferts are when you order online. I'm wondering if I got "old" stuff delivered to me the past couple of years

I got the CNS17 on Amazon

I am waiting for a shipment of masterblend. I tried running MG and my plants look unhappy. I heard terrible things about using it with a hydroponic type system but thought it was all nothing. I really think I can see the difference.  I was running the DynaGow Foliage Pro I think and things were well.

Dat's the one!

maxresdefault.jpg

TANKS!
 ​
 ​
`

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Don't see a 2.5gal. container (Amazon search), got a link?
Here's a link, but I'd shop around. This is listed for about $60, but I got it for $40.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IGFJXHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493838524&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=botanicare+cns17&dpPl=1&dpID=41aYCuRn-gL&ref=plSrch

A lot of the Amazon listings I saw will let you change the size of the container in the listing. They might be advertising a quart, but there may be an option to upsize ;)

MikeUSMC said:
No problem here, man. Water under the bridge, as far as I'm concerned. I'm also looking forward to learning from each other and helping each other out in the future.

No need to rehash what was said earlier (I already said my piece), but you should know that I really do admire your knowledge as a grower, solid7. You really do seem to know your shit, and can definitely hold your own in a debate, and make some very good, valid points a lot of the time. I'm eager to see the new and improved "2.0 version" ;)

Actually, I took some of your advice the other day, and made the switch from DynaGro to CNS17 (3-1-2) for this year's grow. Hopefully that'll address DynaGro's calcium "clumping" issues in the bottom of the bottle. Plus, I got 2.5 gallons of CNS17 for less than the price of one gallon of DynaGro, so that was sort of a no brainer.

Wish me luck
:cheers:

Mike
Same here. I work with a crew of world champion ball-busters, and that's pretty much what we do 24/7. I guess we probably should know each other a bit better for that.

Now as far as your CNS17 goes... if you watch closely to Amazon.com, you can often buy it very cheaply. I have seen it as low as $49 shipped for 4 gallons ( :eek: ) at certain times.  The price for that 4 pack is all over the place, but if you decide you like it, it's here:

https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Nutrient-Formula-1-Gallon-4-Pack/dp/B00LV20Z2O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1493841029&sr=8-6&keywords=cns17+grow

Worst case, group buy!

Back