• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How many plants do you recommend i put here?

So I built this is 24"x24" and 16" height.. how many plants could i safely put there 2 or 3?  can they be different kind?

256qwdz.jpg

Just one pepper plant. You might be able to get away with a couple smaller varieties. I would probably use something like that for other veggies like lettuces or herbs.

How many 5 gallon buckets can you drop in there? That's how many plants you can put and still get a decent harvest. You'll need to trim back the parts that grow toward the center of course. Any varieties will work.

Depends..Some Habs grow pretty small could probably get three in there..I do some of my smaller peppers in planters that are like 10 x 30 two plants per and they do well. You could also grow one pepper set in the center back half and plant some lettuce around it. I did that with my Jalapenos this year. And yes you could grow different ones together..I do a lot of containers, mostly five gallon Homer buckets with a single plant .Either way nice planter can't wait to see what you grow in it.

SavinaRed said:
now if it was 8-10 inches wide by 40-48 inches long and the same depth you could grow 4-5 plants.

Well I'm gonna play devil's advocate... 10X48=480 yet 24X24=576 sq. in.? You're thinking traditional row gardening - I'm thinking Square Foot Gardening. Couple of tall plants in the rear then 2 bushy plants in front with a south facing orientation, VOILA! 

`
3.jpg

buton said:
Can they be different kind?
Of course!

`

Back