• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how many plants will fin in my garden bed

Depends on how you want to space them and what size they are when you plant them. When did you start your seeds or buy your plants, and how big are they?

40 cm (16") centers starting at the edges will get you 16 plants.

61 cm (24") centers will get you 9 plants

i put mine 2 feet apart and they'll be battling for space...(I grow more bushy, 3 or 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide kinda plants) and a 1.2 meter sq setup (4 X 4 feet....yes I had to google that) would probably fit 4 plants very tightly.

this how mine are spaced out, this was a few weeks ago they are bushed out pretty good now and almost into each other already, I like 'em bushy ;)

scorps3.jpg

that's good spacing wickedmojo. they will overlap eventually but still a good amount of space to make the roots and plant happy. mine are set apart about the same distance (looks about 2 feet right?). a lot of nice colored leaves too. would like to see the new pics!

I have that same size bed, and do 3 x 3 with the peppers - 9 total. I find 16 to be too closely spaced, once they really get growing. 16 will be VERY tight, whereas 9 will be "full' but tolerable by July.

Here is a pic showing that bed (and another one, which is 2.5' x 9 ').

transplant2.jpg

If going by my plants last year were to be any indication, I would put 4 and only at the corners of the bed. I had plants get almost 4' wide last year and that would be horrible trying to pick pods when its so dense.

that's good spacing wickedmojo. they will overlap eventually but still a good amount of space to make the roots and plant happy. mine are set apart about the same distance (looks about 2 feet right?). a lot of nice colored leaves too. would like to see the new pics!

yeah its close to 2ft spacing slightly less prob about 20 inches or so to be exact I'll take some pics tomorrow, they have grown alot since that last pic and are starting to pod up.

Back