• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How much light should a sprout get?

I go with 24/7 until the seedlings get potted up, I wait until the 3rd true leaf set appears. At that time the root plug is well developed and the transplant is ready for a larger space( 3" pot)
Once potted up I run the lights at 18/6...........that works for me

Greg

You'll get a lot of different opinions on that. My personal is that we should at least somewhat mimic nature, so let the babies sleep at least a little every night. I think a more important question is not the number of hours, but the lumens - crank 'em up!

+1 gemee. Good growing advice and your a great cook?! That's good form right there :)

I use to go 24/7 and I think that having a break does give them time to rest.. I go 18/6. just like any baby, they need SOME rest. but that's JMO.. I've had lights on all day and I've had my recent lights on 18/6 and I think the 18/6 plants are doing better but to really be sure, I'd had to do a side by side comparison.. which I have not.

Just like gemee said, the kind of light your putting out on seedlings is way more important than how long the seedling is seeing light.
Good Luck!

Brandon

Back