• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How much should I water my seeds?

I am just wonderingredients how much I should water my seeds? I have a spray bottle so should I do a couple sprays per day or what?

Totally depends upon the environment - if you've got the heater for your house running, for example, it will dry them out faster than if not. The key is to keep them moist - not wet and not dry. I'd suggest misting them at least every other day, but again, that depends upon your circumstances.

Totally depends upon the environment - if you've got the heater for your house running, for example, it will dry them out faster than if not. The key is to keep them moist - not wet and not dry. I'd suggest misting them at least every other day, but again, that depends upon your circumstances.

^ What g g said.

yep- do not leave them saturated, and don't let em dry out. Try not to "overcare" for them-which is hard the first time around!Warm,moist(not "wet")is the key.

The key with peat "jiffy's" is to keep them moist, I'd bottom water the trays with a 1/4" of water. Thats usually enough to wick up into the plugs. I also mist the tops until the seedlings emerge. It helps to keep a dome over the trays for added moisture, leave it on until the sprouts appear. I also use the domes for my cuttings. There's a big difference in success with doing so compared to not using one.

Greg

The key with peat "jiffy's" is to keep them moist, I'd bottom water the trays with a 1/4" of water. Thats usually enough to wick up into the plugs. I also mist the tops until the seedlings emerge. It helps to keep a dome over the trays for added moisture, leave it on until the sprouts appear. I also use the domes for my cuttings. There's a big difference in success with doing so compared to not using one.

Greg

+1
I submerge each plug in warm water for a few seconds each night to keep them moist. I leave them in the domes placed on heat mats set for 80° F until I see roots growing out of the bottom of the grow plugs. Then I transplant them in 3.5" x 3.5" pots and no longer use the heat mats at this point forward.

DSC02056.jpg

Back